ADVERTISEMENT

Why pass laws when we don't enforce the ones we have?

TUMe

I.T.S. Legend
Dec 3, 2003
Entering the US without proper paper is illegal. But there are Sanctuary Cities.

Marijuana is illegal in the US but the feds have "articulated" that states can choose.

Can you articulate law?

Omar was on the bad guy list but the FBI took him off, now they are investigating it as terrorism.

Does anyone really think Hillary will be indicted for breaking national security laws?

Can Arkansas be a sanctuary state for gun laws? Ft. Smith maybe?

We pick and choose.

Partially, I would say we pick and choose because we have a legislative body that won't work with each other. (Nothing to do with the FBI's failures) If we had a law on drugs, or guns, or immigration that was actually a progressive and understood compromise, maybe the laws would be more worthy of upholding.

We need strict laws like France and Belgium. That will make us safe.

So we should have laws that people will obey, Aston?

Partially, I would say we pick and choose because we have a legislative body that won't work with each other. (Nothing to do with the FBI's failures) If we had a law on drugs, or guns, or immigration that was actually a progressive and understood compromise, maybe the laws would be more worthy of upholding.

Wow... That's an animal farm argument if I ever heard one...

We need strict laws like France and Belgium. That will make us safe.

So we should have laws that people will obey, Aston?

I was just saying there would be a greater propensity for reverence to our nation's laws if they were more cooperatively and constructively created.

Compromise.... Cooperation....Communist.... they both start with the letter 'C'. That means they're the same things right? lol

not necessarily... It's just when a "progressive" talks compromise it means that the "conservative" gives ground until the whole camel is in the tent...

not necessarily... It's just when a "progressive" talks compromise it means that the "conservative" gives ground until the whole camel is in the tent...
When I said progressive (in this context) I just meant progressing towards being a nation where reasonably compromised laws are enforced. Not with one agenda over another.

The reality is that any issue that either side cares one iota about is not up for compromise. The things that do no more than give lip service to the idea of compromise, are the only things either side will give up. Real compromise hurts both sides equally.

Reactions: TUMe
The reality is that any issue that either side cares one iota about is not up for compromise. The things that do no more than give lip service to the idea of compromise, are the only things either side will give up. Real compromise hurts both sides equally.
This is true. That's why you have to make concessions. I'm sure some people would have liked to have the US capitol in NY.... but it's in D.C. and the national government can take on debt. You make deals that are constructive and there's positives and negatives for both sides.

The conservatives want welfare / entitlement reform? then they'll have to give up some ground somewhere else.

Democrats want more effective gun control legislation, then they'll have to give up something to get it.

Astro, all of the lack of compromise hasn't been from Republicans.

Barak "I have a pen" Obama has done a lot of threatening to veto.

McConnell certainly has not been any worse than Harry Reid in not bringing things to the floor for a vote.

Astro, all of the lack of compromise hasn't been from Republicans.

Barak "I have a pen" Obama has done a lot of threatening to veto.

McConnell certainly has not been any worse than Harry Reid in not bringing things to the floor for a vote.
When did I say that it was all Republicans? Also, please refrain from calling me astro. I am not from the Jetsons (even if my ideas might be from the future) hahaha

Reactions: TUMe
astonmartin708

Sorry about the Astro thing, I picked that up from another poster but will refrain from using it in the future.

No you did not say it was all Republican. I don't want to put words in your mouth, it is very unsanitary.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT