ADVERTISEMENT

Why does it matter who is 2 or 3?

TUMe

I.T.S. Legend
Dec 3, 2003
If 2 and 3 play, which one is which. Right now 4 is what matters. Alabama or Ohio State.

Espn's FPI is slobbering all over Alabama right now. But ohio State is sitting right behind them with a conference championship. I personally think in the end, that loss to Iowa will be the deal breaker for the buckeyes.

I hate both Alabama and Ohio state but I don't see how anyone who watched them both this year could really say that Ohio state is the better of the two.

I hate them both but like Bama. Word is Clemson wants the Sugar Bowl, so OU fans can head to Pasadena (the Rose Bowl parade is a must-see) again to play Georgia.

I keep trying to figure out how Oklahoma made it in.

Geez, they lost to a 30 point underdog on their home field.

OU is favored over the SEC champ. I’m obviously not an OU fan but they have an historically good offense and a defense who seems to have found their way over the last month. They’re my fav to win the champ.

Last edited:
(the Rose Bowl parade is a must-see).

I had a child perform in the Rose parade a few years back. It was thrilling to see the kids coming down Colorado Blvd. And the floats are much more majestic in person.

I'll have to say that participating in the St. Patrick's Day parade in Dublin IR was probably a more unique experience though.

My wife and I will be attending the Rose Parade for the first time this year and we’re really looking forward to it. I know most on here don’t like OU but I grew up an OU football fan (and still am) so knowing the Pride of Oklahoma marching band will be in the parade makes it extra special.

OU is favored over the SEC champ. I’m obviously not an OU fan but they have an historically good offense and a defense who seems to have found their way over the last month. They’re my fav to win the champ.

Their offense has been playing against high school defenses.

My wife and I will be attending the Rose Parade for the first time this year and we’re really looking forward to it. I know most on here don’t like OU but I grew up an OU football fan (and still am) so knowing the Pride of Oklahoma marching band will be in the parade makes it extra special.

Man can’t support two teams any more than he love two wives.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
Their offense has been playing against high school defenses.

Guess we’ll see in about a month. They put up 500 yards in Columbus before they really got it going. I think they roll Georgia. They’re favored in that game for a reason.

Guess we’ll see in about a month. They put up 500 yards in Columbus before they really got it going. I think they roll Georgia. They’re favored in that game for a reason.

Columbus gave up 56 points to Iowa.

Columbus gave up 56 points to Iowa.

I prefer to judge a team or defense based on a 13 game schedule rather than one game. Ohio State is ranked 8th in the NCAA in total defense giving up 292 ypg. Luckily, we will find out whose right here in Jan 1.

I like that defense against running teams. The Stoopses never changed anything. When they came on, Big 12 was a run heavy league. The defense is so old it is now “retro” and may work against vanilla, run first SEC teams. Kind of funny how that works.

Benching Jordan Thomas made a big difference for OU. Motley sort of worked his way back to form and Norwood is pretty good.

I prefer to judge a team or defense based on a 13 game schedule rather than one game. Ohio State is ranked 8th in the NCAA in total defense giving up 292 ypg. Luckily, we will find out whose right here in Jan 1.

When that one game points out glaring deficiencies...

Oklahoma’s offensive line hasn’t seen a defense that can effectively rush 3 down linemen and create sacks like UGAs. It will be fun watching Mayfield pick his butt up off the turf all game long.

They have played exactly ZERO teams with a defense the likes of Alabama, Georgia, or Clemson. Clemson's front 7 may all be starting in the NFL in a year or two. Georgia's DBs are all NFL caliber (and one who actually was at Tulsa for a year :( ) OU has exactly NO surefire NFL players on defense. Everyone who claims Obo is an NFL player...may I remind you of Eric Striker and where he's playing right now? Same player. I know OU's offense is dynamic, but they have not played an elite defense yet...TCU's defense is good by Big XII standards but not anything close to what Georgia and Clemson bring in terms of size, speed, and physicality.

The B1G stinks on offense. They still ground and pound (or try to). Ohio State is closest thing to a dynamic offense as you will see in the B1G.

The B1G stinks on offense. They still ground and pound (or try to). Ohio State is closest thing to a dynamic offense as you will see in the B1G.

True. However, Ohio State generally has a fairly good reputation as a defensive football team. They almost always have a ton of NFL guys and a good scheme. They have at least 2 first rounders on that defense this year. They held one of our best offenses ever to 203 total yards and 3 points last year. Like I said....we will see what happens in the Rose Bowl. Vegas has OU scoring 30 or so.

Last edited:
They have played exactly ZERO teams with a defense the likes of Alabama, Georgia, or Clemson. Clemson's front 7 may all be starting in the NFL in a year or two. Georgia's DBs are all NFL caliber (and one who actually was at Tulsa for a year :( ) OU has exactly NO surefire NFL players on defense. Everyone who claims Obo is an NFL player...may I remind you of Eric Striker and where he's playing right now? Same player. I know OU's offense is dynamic, but they have not played an elite defense yet...TCU's defense is good by Big XII standards but not anything close to what Georgia and Clemson bring in terms of size, speed, and physicality.

That’s not even remotely true regarding Obo. Striker was a little Safety type player playing linebacker. Obo is a big dude. He plays a little S end.

Will Johnson is really good. So is Murray. Caleb Kelly is finally doing things.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT