ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be blamed for the shutdown?

The shutdown is negatively effecting both the President's (down to 41%) and Congress' approval ratings. Which is probably the one thing that will get a deal done.

Originally posted by 2PoorTUFans:

Pick your sources better. Known biased LIEberal sources
I also approve of other spelling "errors" (accidental of course), like Dimocrats, Dumbocrats and Democ-RATS to name just a few. But there are some appropriate names you just can't even make up like that NYCity lieberal . . . whats his name? Somebody Weiner?

This post was edited on 10/5 10:06 AM by rabidTU

Hey whatever helps you sleep at night while you live off the government teat.
-------------
I would not need the government for my retirement!

if instead of the Government TAKING money from my paycheck for 45 years for "SS/MM", they had let me put it into my OWN retirement account,

"The Senate will try to vote this week on a bill that passed the House
unanimously on Saturday to pay federal workers for days missed."

Hmmm. It appears that Congress is realizing that federal employees can vote too.

The party of business won't take calls from the business community...

"Business leaders are increasingly warning Republicans that their
refusal to lift the nation's ability to borrow more money could badly
damage the economy
, but the GOP, under ferocious pressure from
conservatives to force budget concessions from President Barack Obama,
are standing their ground.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and other
groups have actively engaged lawmakers for weeks and say that while they
agree with the need for reforms, the top priority should be avoiding
the default that a failure to OK another debt ceiling increase would
bring.

"Our top lobbyists are continuing to talk to scores of
members of Congress and their staff urging them to address this and stop
kicking the can down the road," U.S. Chamber spokeswoman Blair Latoff
Holmes told Yahoo News. "It is up to lawmakers and the administration to
find common ground and reach a deal that will fund the government and
raise the debt limit to avoid default. We will continue to make that
case to everyone who will listen."

But this time, Republicans aren't listening to the business community.

In September, the Chamber joined more than 250 business associations and advocacy groups urging the House Republicans to avoid a government shutdown and pass a bill that Obama would sign to raise the debt ceiling.
Republicans ignored them by refusing to back down from a demand to delay
a key piece of the president's health care law, which resulted in a
government shutdown. Now, with less than 10 days left to raise the debt
ceiling, they are poised to ignore pleas from the business community
again.
The potential consequence of not raising the debt ceiling
could be far more disastrous than a temporary pause in government
services. On Tuesday, House Republicans emerged from a private
conference-wide meeting in the Capitol basement and announced they still
do not intend to pass a "clean" debt ceiling hike ? one with no strings
attached ? as Obama demands. The president has said multiple times that
he will not negotiate on the debt limit. (It is widely believed among Republicans that he is bluffing.) They want to tie broad spending cuts and budget reforms to the vote.
While
business groups acknowledge that major bills like the debt ceiling have
historically offered opportunities for major reform, they are pressing
lawmakers not to take their negotiations past the Oct. 17 date set by
the Treasury Department that could risk default.
"In
the back and forth of legislative wrangling, Congress and the
administration should not lose sight of the fact that both the
continuing resolution and the debt ceiling are and remain must-pass
legislation, and that the debt ceiling specifically must pass on a
timely basis to avoid inflicting substantial and enduring damage on the
U.S. economy," R. Bruce Josten, the Chamber's executive vice president
for government relations, told Yahoo News.
At best, groups like the Chamber would prefer that Congress pass a debt limit increase now and deal with budget reforms later......".

GOP not taking calls

The party of business won't take calls from the business community...
---------------
You mean Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, John Kerry Heinz, the Kennedys, Ted Turner, Hollywood, Barbara streisand, John Edwards,BHO(BP), . . .

The administration shut down the World War II Memorial and tried to deny vets an opportunity to visit.
The administration opened up to mall for a bunch of Ilegals to demonstrate.

The administration shuts down the productive part of the government, people with jobs, va benefits, highways, parks, ...
but continues to dole out money to the non-productive part of the government; DEADBEATS on welfare, . . .

The republicants always allow the damocrats to make up the terms in every issue as if they (reps) couldn't see the result of it.

First of all, there is NO govt shutdown. If there was then all govt buildings, agencies, personel, etc would simply be laid off and not doing any work whatsoever. It would be akin to a business that is shutdown, locked up, pink slips given, severance checks issued. So the low information voter who doesn't understand or care to really get the facts simply has a "conniption fit" of fright that plays directly into the hands of the political elites who benefit from more and more and more govt and more and more and more power and more and more money funnelling to them.

So the lieberal media puts out a poll that says something like "who is blame for the 'shutdown" and the obvious answer becomes anyone the lieberals can fear monger as the bad guy.

So is the govt "shutdown"? NADA!

Dumb thread. But an effective one for the ill informed.

Businesses angry with Tea Party.

"Tea Party
renegades can comfortably ignore public opinion over the government shutdown and debt ceiling fight, the thinking goes, because they are ensconced in non-competitive, gerrymandered districts.

Yet as the shutdown dragged on, and a once-unthinkable debt ceiling default became more likely, the Tea Party began to lose the support of a once powerful ally: Big business. It has reached the point where some business interests are openly floating the idea ofsupporting more reasonable, business-friendly candidatesin primary election challenges to Tea Party-aligned lawmakers.

"We have come to the conclusion that sitting on the sidelines is not good enough," David French, the head lobbyist at the
National Retail Federation,told theNew York Times.

The business community was already miffed with the Tea Party's tactics ahead of the government shutdown. The powerful U.S. Chamber of Commerce, along with some 250 allied groups, sent ajoint letter to Congresson the eve of the shutdown urging recalcitrant Republicans to back down lest they push the economy into free-fall...... continued via link"

This post was edited on 10/14 8:01 PM by WATU2

don't take our calls, don't take our dough

Most businesses you seem hell bent on proclaiming as anti Tea party are pretty much already in the Obamatank.

Here is the test. Have the Tea Party come out and advertise that any business that blames them for the shoutdown should be "blacklisted/boycotted" and not patronized. The TP that is made up of moms, pops and grams would easily put a huge dent in their profits. For instance if Walmart were to be publically anti-TP, it would be committing financial suicide.

Name any "business" that has come out and blamed the TP for the shoutdown that wasn't either neutral or in the Obamapocket? Make my day!

Originally posted by WATU2:
Business continues to reject Tea Party crisis politics.

This post was edited on 10/15 10:48 AM by rabidTU

Who ordered the barricades placed at our outdoor treasures; WWII memorial, Mount Rushmore, Lincoln memorial, . . . ?

Originally posted by aTUfan:
Who ordered the barricades placed at our outdoor treasures; WWII memorial, Mount Rushmore, Lincoln memorial, . . . ?
what relevance does that have to anything?

Originally posted by aTUfan:
I'd say it was someone who, either directly or indirectly, was employed by Barak Obama since he's the current CEO of the govt. In the same way that Warren Buffet is CEO of Berkshire. The buck is supposed to stop with him, but have you ever noticed it never does because he never admits to ever, ever making a mistake - ya know, himself? He's very good at blaming the opposition for everything though.

According to the age of your kids, that is the first thing they do when they make a mistake. Its human nature for a child, but unbecoming for an adult.

Obama likes to occasionally compare himself to RR, but there is a huge, huge difference. Reagan openly worked with his opposition and openly admitted to mistakes by himself or his staff. He was truly a CEO. Oh, and when you admit to a mistake and "own it" you usually are more respected for that act. Right now, the loyal opposition has virtually no respect for him.

what relevance does that have to anything?
----------------
Because those areas have the most public exposure to make the shutdown look bad.

If the gov had stopped welfare checks, or donations to PBS, or aid to countries that hate us anyway . . .
who would have noticed?

I went by some of the local govt offices over the thanksgiving holiday and was surprised to see that they were all closed or a better word would be shutdown for the holiday. Does the govt periodically shutdown like that all the time? I had gone to some of the same places (when I'm off on the weekends) and they were shutdown then too. I guess I'll try once again over the Christmas Holidays to see if they're open when I'm off. Then maybe over the New Year Holiday as a last resort. I know they have to be "unshut" by then. . . . . . right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT