ADVERTISEMENT

Where should we go from here?

A couple of years ago, Montgomery was on the hot seat and we had what seemed like dozens of new posters popping up on here to defend him. It was almost as bad as when Stigler would create a new account just about every hour demanding that he be fired.

Wilson doesn’t seem to have any pop up defenders.

• Haha
Reactions: OKTornadoes
A couple of years ago, Montgomery was on the hot seat and we had what seemed like dozens of new posters popping up on here to defend him. It was almost as bad as when Stigler would create a new account just about every hour demanding that he be fired.

Maybe his staff was a little more proactive than Wilson's is.

Wilson never won a bowl game lol.

Reactions: OKTornadoes
Even during the worst of Burns, you still kinda had semi hope that individual effort or some fortunate bounce of the ball would keep us in games and we could win 21-14. And indeed we won several games we should have lost that way over the years.
Only 2 of Burns's 21 losses the last 2 seasons were within 1 score, most games weren't close. Time heals all wounds I guess.

Only 2 of Burns's 21 losses the last 2 seasons were within 1 score, most games weren't close. Time heals all wounds I guess.
Yeah, I didn't remember many close games where we had a chance to win. I remembered a lot more North Texas St.'s. Most of the games that seemed like a more respectable score were after they put their 3rd and 4th string in at the end of the game.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
My father would roll over in his grave if I skipped a game. I guess I owe it to 75 years of tradition to continue attending, but this isn’t enjoyable at all.

I do think I will break down and go to my first high school game in a few years. I need something to cheer for and I hear the local team is pretty good.
Owasso is damn good this year. A lot of speed on the offensive side of the ball. QB is still a little iffy...I don't think he's great at all, but they have a couple of RBs who are explosive. One is a Darren Sproles type...believe I called him Webster when I watched them play Union, and the other kid looks to be a big RB with some wheels (Tarrion Adams but faster?).

The offense looks to have been opened up a bit with the new coach. The defense is okay...not great but not bad either.

Owasso is damn good this year. A lot of speed on the offensive side of the ball. QB is still a little iffy...I don't think he's great at all, but they have a couple of RBs who are explosive. One is a Darren Sproles type...believe I called him Webster when I watched them play Union, and the other kid looks to be a big RB with some wheels (Tarrion Adams but faster?).

The offense looks to have been opened up a bit with the new coach. The defense is okay...not great but not bad either.
I listened to an early season game on the radio and they mentioned that the QB was only 15 years old, so he probably does have some potential for improvement.

I watched part of the webcast vs Union and he did look at lot better than the kid who transferred from Jenks.

I listened to an early season game on the radio and they mentioned that the QB was only 15 years old, so he probably does have some potential for improvement.

I watched part of the webcast vs Union and he did look at lot better than the kid who transferred from Jenks.
They looked good against Union but everyone has so far this season. Union's D is the worst I have seen since I've been following them. They're slow and they may be worse at tackling than TU. On offense, they have no one who can stretch the field since the WR they expected to do that for them got shot at a party. And their OL is bad...it's like TU and Union have the same problems. Union has a couple of game breakers at RB though and that's the only thing that's kept them from being completely awful. Reisig has been so-so but he really doesn't have much to throw to downfield at all, especially when they play teams with competent pass rushers and DBs.

Owasso should be the prohibitive favorites for state this season. They made Jenks and Bixby look poor. I don't think Jenks is any good at all outside of Alexander (their QB might the worst one starting for a 6A school this season). Jenks' D can keep them in games but they are just not great on offense. Bixby just doesn't have the same firepower they've had. They're still good but not what we've seen the last few seasons.

Too quote Dr. McCoy from Star Trek... "It's worse that that. He's dead Jim."

THAT is where we are

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT