ADVERTISEMENT

Where should we go from here?

OKTornadoes

I.T.S. Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2022
I say this with proverbial tears behind my blue and gold glasses (lol), but where is there for us to go?

I don't want to see us left behind like we almost were during the C-USA/Big East debacle in the early 2010's. I also would detest the day we go to FCS level.

I just want to see what everyone is thinking as far as coaching, NIL, current roster, the portal, and recruiting. I still think we are years away from having to worry about throwing in the old towel. But things like today haven't happened since the turn of the millennium. It's embarrassing, but I believe it's fixable with the right staff and allocations.

It's not just us. OU and OSU are arguably having their worst seasons since 1998. Ironically, we beat OSU that year and they beat OU. This year could mark the first time since 1998 that none of the OK 3 FBS teams make a bowl.

I say this with proverbial tears behind my blue and gold glasses (lol), but where is there for us to go?

I don't want to see us left behind like we almost were during the C-USA/Big East debacle in the early 2010's. I also would detest the day we go to FCS level.

I just want to see what everyone is thinking as far as coaching, NIL, current roster, the portal, and recruiting. I still think we are years away from having to worry about throwing in the old towel. But things like today haven't happened since the turn of the millennium. It's embarrassing, but I believe it's fixable with the right staff and allocations.

It's not just us. OU and OSU are arguably having their worst seasons since 1998. Ironically, we beat OSU that year and they beat OU. This year could mark the first time since 1998 that none of the OK 3 FBS teams make a bowl.
So there are definitely some disadvantages with the NIL thing with us , I don’t know how , but we are going to have to start paying something or we are going to lose all of our good players . As far as the transfer portal goes , I think it is really starting to show how it has hurt the stability of most teams , I mean usually we have about 4 or 5 top teams and then pretty much everyone else competes for other bowl games , this year there is not one team that is looking just flat out better then everyone else . I will say this though , if they really do the split , with NIL schools in one division and the ones that don’t in the other one , we will have to go with the lesser one , I know hearing that sucks, but I would rather win most weeks then what we are seeing this year , however , without a change in leadership , it dosnt matter because everyone beats us anyway now

Reactions: OKTornadoes
Also with Rick Dickson bragging about all of these donations , people aren’t going to buy the crap of “ we can’t afford to fire Wilson “. In all honesty; we can’t afford to keep him !
These donations are allocated to other things than firing a coach and paying his buyout. No matter whether you or any other fan 'buys the crap' about us not having any money to fire him. That won't change no matter how many times it is repeated.

The majority of that, being the 30M, goes to paying scholarships that we did not fund before, in other sports. We will have more soccer, volleyball, track, rowing, etc scholarships than we had before, instead of them walking on or taking partial scholarships. That is in an endowment for that, and only that purpose.

The remaining 8M is in an endowment(IIRC) for upkeep of equipment and facilities. Neither one can be touched for buyouts, and once again the majority of it is for funding stuff we've never funded before. Which means no money was freed up by funding it, since we didn't fund it before.

Reactions: OKTornadoes
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT