ADVERTISEMENT

What the over under?

04Watu

I.T.S. Redshirt Freshman
Jan 15, 2021
Trump is preparing a list of pardons for last day in office? Should 100 be the over or under? Should read like a who's who in....seditious behavior, a Trump family album, Don's favorite cabinet members..?

I'm reminded of the movie the Godfather where the FBI sit outside the wedding and takes the names of those who show up to know who tied into the mob.

Last edited:
It depends on how much money he can grift for each one.

To be fair, the guys making the money are the 'insiders' who claim they have influence with Trump and charge five figures and up to for their 'access'.

To be fair, the guys making the money are the 'insiders' who claim they have influence with Trump and charge five figures and up to for their 'access'.
I kind of think Trump's got some version of that well known line memorized.

"Someday-and that day may never come- I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift.(trump will collect from them all)

Last edited:
Reactions: 04Watu
Birds of a feather...protect each other?

Trump supporter shocked over clemency of "crook" who stole his life savings in Ponzi scheme

I believe Clinton passed out some party favors. And no need to pardon hrc; she was able to skate on several issues.

Evidently the "over" wins. Trump added about 140+ pardons and commutations on his final day. Although the pardons were not run through the DOJ as usual, most seem well reasonable. The pardons handed out before Christmas less so.

Apparently Bannon's acceptance of said pardon might cause him some trouble in some states and charges that could be run through them.

Trump was said to be distraught at what a pardon meant legally...as in it's an admission of guilt and he didn't want to do that to himself and his kids...so now they'll have to wriggle their way out of legal trouble the old fashioned way...by paying a schuyster lawyer to keep it tied up in court until no one wants to deal with it any longer.

Note: I don't think any of the many lawyers on this board fall into this category...but Trump's lawyers have a long standing documented history of doing things like this and strong arming creditors into accepting much less than what they're due

Pretty low numbered historically speaking.

This.

Trump did a lot of things I disagree with, but abuse of the ability to provide pardons is not one of them. Only HW Bush and W Bush gave out fewer pardons during their term than Trump in the past 100+ years.

This.

Trump did a lot of things I disagree with, but abuse of the ability to provide pardons is not one of them. Only HW Bush and W Bush gave out fewer pardons during their term than Trump in the past 100+ years.
My only problem was the people pardoned that committed crimes in his name.

My only problem was the people pardoned that committed crimes in his name.
I'm curious how many of Obama's were to white collar criminals who swindled folks out of lots money. I remember quite a few of his being non violent drug convictions. (A large number of Trump's yesterday were too) but I'm not that intrigued to go look.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT