ADVERTISEMENT

We're playing at Ohio State again

lovemark-no-doubt-standard-600x600.jpg

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Rather play them than okie state or arkislaw...
Absolutely.... If a miracle occurs at this OSU it's a real story.

No cred for beating the L-OSU-R university in stoolwater. I have no interest in ever playing those POS's from the next state over. The've found so many ways to screw us over the years it's not even palatable to consider that we could win over there and we sure as hell know they won't come over here for fear that they would lose their unfair advantage. Hell, I'd go as far as saying that if you dressed the Buckeyes up in our unis and sent them over there they'd get screwed. No thank you....

Last edited:
Absolutely.... If a miracle occurs at this OSU it's a real story. No cred for beating the
L-OSU-R university in stoolwater.

Hell, they will give out a ring that has a record showing they won the game.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
I was talking about the other, lesser OSU.

We actually had a great time in Columbus last season - their fans are actually knowledgeable about football, knew a little about TU, and were very courteous and kind. We will definitely be making the trip back to Columbus again in several years.

Looks like them Buckeye's
have been doing alot of rearranging
of their future OOC schedule

From FBSchedules.com

First, Ohio State announced Thursday a change for its planned 2018-19 home-and-home series with TCU. That series will be replaced by a single game vs. the Horned Frogs to be played on Sept. 15, 2018 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Per a copy of the game contract, both Ohio State and TCU will receive guarantees of $5 million for playing in the neutral-site game.

In place of the 2019 TCU game, Ohio State will now host Miami (OH) in Columbus on Sept. 21, 2019.

The release also announced a home-and-home series with Pac-12 opponent Washington. Those showdowns will take place Sept. 14, 2024 at Seattle’s Husky Stadium, and Sept. 13, 2025 at Ohio Stadium.

Also noted is the addition of home games with Bowling Green and Tulsa. Ohio State will host the Falcons on Sept. 5, 2020 and the Golden Hurricane on Sept. 18, 2021.

**Did we even bring up the idea of a home & home B-ball series
in this conversation & agreement?**

Finally, Ohio State’s scheduled 2023-24 home-and-home football series with Boston College has been moved to the 2026-27 season. Ohio State will host the Eagles Sept. 19, 2026, then visit Boston College on Sept. 18, 2027

**TCU would B a good future p5 opponent for Tulsa to consider.
In fact, TCU hasn't renewed their "rival' game w/ SMU after 2018.
It'd B nice to replace them Mustangs w/ a few home & home w/ them Toads
I bet we could add a home & home B-ball series w/ it too**

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
We are perfect for them. We will likely lose but keep it close and respectable. We run an offense they will see in the playoff. We should have the WR to test their defense. We don't have large ticket demands and the ticket they set aside for us to buy are freaking awesome compared to Norman or elsewhere. They can sell what is left over at a premium, unlike some other recent competitors who have deeply discounted our games.

Until the score got out of hand, everyone in that stadium was classy as it could get. Then the rain and the beer took over. Still, no complaints.

The airport is perfect for the team to get in and out and the facilities provided for the pre-game party were exceptional.

And the highlights will get a higher profile on social media and TV than other opponents, including Oklahoma.

It doesn't take much of an AD to sign contracts like these one and done deals at their stadiums with their refs and their fans watching. Now that TU is considered a good program again, its time to rethink scheduling these unfair contracts. My grandmother could do this and she's almost 100. IMO

As long as they have money and we need money we will be getting deals like this from our AD.

As long as they have money and we need money we will be getting deals like this from our AD.

You end up losing the coaching staff sooner than later when you just schedule certain out of conference loses this way. Nuff said.

Is that what we really want? We will never build our own fanbase doing this and the cycle will repeat.

You end up losing the coaching staff sooner than later when you just schedule certain out of conference loses this way. Nuff said.

Is that what we really want? We will never build our own fanbase doing this and the cycle will repeat.

How would you suggest fixing the budget issue stead left TU in then?

I'm not a huge fan of one and done deals, but I completely understand why the administration is doing it. Since the city of Tulsa won't produce fans, money for athletics has to come from somewhere...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT