ADVERTISEMENT

Washington

That’s one of the very few slots still open. It will likely go to an FCS opponent unless we can find someone willing to play a 1-1 here first with the return game at least 3 years later.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the 2028 game at Louisiana eventually gets cancelled as it has now been pushed back 9 years from the originally scheduled date. We also still owe Arkansas State a Covid makeup game but that one may never happen either.

The point is that we don’t have much room to schedule P4 opponents outside of OU, OSU and Arkansas.
There was a thread over on the UCF board the other day discussing our opening and the possibility of us filling that with 1-1 to set up some revenge games. The responses for swift, negative, and oh so precious. We are so in their heads. There should be a Tulsa ride at Disney World.

There was a thread over on the UCF board the other day discussing our opening and the possibility of us filling that with 1-1 to set up some revenge games. The responses for swift, negative, and oh so precious. We are so in their heads. There should be a Tulsa ride at Disney World.
The staff should set it up, and then cancel the return game for a one off with Texas in '28.

Or we could do the same to Cincy.

Reactions: HuffyCane
We used to schedule name teams often.

Frankly I could do without OU if we could get Vandy, Duke or Wake instead. Even KU or KSU.
If Army can be convinced to join the AAC then we can free up 4 non-conference slots for a couple of new series.

The Tulsa Nightmare ride...endless loop of Trey Watts' punt return in 2012. I bet some of the UCF players still need therapy over that one

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT