ADVERTISEMENT

Wakey-Leaks

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
So most of you have heard about what happened at Wake Forest with the former coach turned broadcaster leaking information to WF opponents. First, they have given him way too much access to playbook and game plan info. Second, S.I. is now questioning Louisville's ethics and whether or not Jurich and Petrino should face some type of sanction from the ACC.

Here's the article.

What does everyone think....if an opposing person in the know voluntarily hands over inside info to a coach on the opposing team, should the opposition be punished? Is S.I. just pissed that Louisville essentially got off scott free from the NCAA for running a call-girl service for basketball recruits (basically the same thing S.I. accused OSU of running)?

I'd find it hard to believe that there wasn't financial incentive for this guy to be leaking info all this time.

And I think there's an ethical duty for the opposition to not only not accept/pay for the info, but to proactively report the attempt.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I'd find it hard to believe that there wasn't financial incentive for this guy to be leaking info all this time.

And I think there's an ethical duty for the opposition to not only not accept/pay for the info, but to proactively report the attempt.
There are 2 theories as to why Elrod did this:

1) He did it out of spite for not being retained by Clawson when he took over the program (this seems more plausible to me)
2) He did it for financial gain through betting on WF opponents and making sure the spread was covered. If this is the case programs all across the country are going to start tightening the reins as to when and who broadcasters have access to with a SID in the room at all times.

Poplin was pretty pissed this guy did this. As Pop said, he takes his job and the trust the TU coaching staff puts in him very seriously and would never consider doing something like this and now Elrod is going to have every coach in America reevaluating how much access the media has.

Chris, and any other regular contributors on here with access/sources within the program...your thoughts?

I don't actually think the pure spite angle is plausible. That's single white female psychosis. And also, it's WAKE.

I read that Louisville is having problems with its regional university accreditation too.

Ah yes, I remember well when Jerry Rogers, the QB at Fairview High, asked Marcia Brady out on a date so that he could steal Greg Brady's playbook. Thankfully, Bobby Brady sniffed out Jerry's diabolical plan and a "fake" playbook was planted. Greg, of course, leads Westdale to victory. So many life lessons.

I don't actually think the pure spite angle is plausible. That's single white female psychosis. And also, it's WAKE.

I read that Louisville is having problems with its regional university accreditation too.
I hadn't heard about 'Ville's accreditation issues. That's sort of a big deal.

I also think Ville's coach that took the information and anyone else that new about it should be sanctioned. My guess is the ACC will come down hard - this is cheating inside the league. Pandora's box is open.

I'm with Junkie, it's one thing for the guy in the trench coat to stand in the shadows and whisper "pssst, I got secret plays available" and another thing entirely for the staff at the 'Ville to say "sure, bring 'em on". Yes, there should be some kind of sanctioning, at the least, from the NCAA.

Saw a headline with a really good point...the father of a wake qb brought up that this was dangerous for his son. (And others really too)

Va Tech apparently had a coach take plays in 2014, which twitter was quick to point out was a 0-0 game between the teams at the end of regulation. Their AD's response could not have been more different than Louisville's.

All hail Saint Petrino!!!1 We have friends who cut large checks in Fayetteville. They still talk highly of the guy and i always shake my head when i leave the room.

Would you take Petrino over Houston Nutt?

Wow, that's a tough call. The female in the friendship I previously mentioned had relations with one of the Nutt boys back in the day, although she likes to keep that under wraps.

You said "nutt" and "wraps."

All I'm sayin is Nutt recruited that one kid from Tahlequah because his mom was hot. And that seems somehow topical here, which is alsome.

It has been a shame the way the media has fawned all over Louisville this season. I NEVER root for Houston but I'm so glad the kitty's kicked the Cardinal's ass.

GO TU!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT