ADVERTISEMENT

Minny's Braeden Carrington to TU

This one has me confused
Agree, this one could go any direction....... Carrington had high school scholarship offers from Florida, Missouri and Seton Hall. Lots of injuries and personal time off. Great student and apparently a great defender.

Last edited:
Agree, this one could go any direction....... Carrington had high school scholarship offers from Florida, Missouri and Seton Hall. Lots of injuries and personal time off. Great student and apparently a great defender.
I think his defensive abilities was inmportant in wanting him. Here are some comments about his defensive prowess.

“Carrington started the first 10 games of the season before missing the last two while taking time off for his mental health. He averages 5.8 points, 4.7 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game for the U this season and is an exceptional perimeter defender.”

I think his defensive abilities was inmportant in wanting him. Here are some comments about his defensive prowess.

“Carrington started the first 10 games of the season before missing the last two while taking time off for his mental health. He averages 5.8 points, 4.7 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game for the U this season and is an exceptional perimeter defender.”

Do you know if he visited? His 3pt shooting when he shot more per game(almost 4 per game) was 33% as a freshman. Maybe he saw signs of him getting his 3pt stroke back. He definitely shot better close up at the rim and the free throw line last year. He got more rebounds as a freshman, 3.6 as opposed to 3.2. He might have visited and showed signs of returning to his freshman promise offensively, and was strong defensively. You just don't know the whole story with him. We'll see when he gets here.

Gophers were really bad 2 years ago and average-ish this year. I suspect he had fewer good opportunities this year bc he had better players around him. He had slightly fewer shots per game this year so he didn't grow into a role in year 2.

The Gophers btw are in exactly the same situation as us with the portal. They lost more than half their team, including their best players. They bring in good freshmen, develop them, and have them bought out by higher level programs. They then take the best players they can get from lower level teams. There's some point where you become more of a winner than loser in the portal but it's above the Gophers' level.

Gophers were really bad 2 years ago and average-ish this year. I suspect he had fewer good opportunities this year bc he had better players around him. He had slightly fewer shots per game this year so he didn't grow into a role in year 2.

The Gophers btw are in exactly the same situation as us with the portal. They lost more than half their team, including their best players. They bring in good freshmen, develop them, and have them bought out by higher level programs. They then take the best players they can get from lower level teams. There's some point where you become more of a winner than loser in the portal but it's above the Gophers' level.
We lost ONE player that we didn't want to lose this offseason. I don't see any others, do you? I also think our ball movement will improve ten-fold

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT