mcane

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
TU by 1
OU 141.5
TU 71 ORU 70
will cause us a heart attack but will be a very fine result
OK, I confess I decided not to go to the game after Jack St. but I will be there
History SHALL repeat itself - frosh heavy team wins in Mabee.

OK, I confess I decided not to go to the game after Jack St. but I will be there

I knew you'd come around.

Should be a close game. The losing team in this series has scored 68 points for the past 5 years. Weird stat.

Does anyone know if Anderson is playing? Their board suggests he makes a difference in defense.

If he doesn't, they will play a lot of smaller guards. That gives me some concern if we don't stay in front of them with our "gap defense." If we do stay in front and actually, you know, stay in position, I like those matchups with our length.

All that said, I like our matchups on offense against smaller guards if we take care of the ball. Birt could shake off the shooting rust and make a difference. It sounds like they also forget to play defense sometimes (other than Anderson).

I imagine Henderson will start again, but I want to see more of the Oregon State version of Taplin. That was Pooh Williamson stuff.

The "1" is against Rogers State. Didn't we play them in an exhibition game awhile back?

Rogers State was pretty good whenever we played them, though. So I think that counts as a quality win for them. And of course, they beat SE Oklahoma and we have never beat that team in history.

This is their only D1 home game in the first 6 weeks of the season. KenPom has them as double-digit underdogs in the next 5 games after tonight.

Sutton on the Animal just said they will likely have a 7 man rotation tonight. We should press and run every step of the way and wear them down if that is the case.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Sutton on the Animal just said they will likely have a 7 man rotation tonight. We should press and run every step of the way and wear them down if that is the case.

Should is the keyword there. Hopefully we don't play our Jacksonville St defense against them (I don't think we will see that again this season but yuck!).

Sutton had some nice points and observations as well. He seems to really like our players and their talent level and the overall depth. He said that the ORU players are very aware of what the game means to ORU and its alumni and he pointed out that there aren't an Oklahomans on TU's roster and that they might not understand the importance of the game from a rivalry standpoint, and that is always scary from TU's perspective. Even if you want to treat it just like any other non-conference game on the schedule, you better know this is the other side's Super Bowl and they are going to come out guns a blazing. This is where Shea needs to step up and let them know. Show them highlights of the 1999 game...the best team in TU history lost this game.

I won't believe that until I see it. We play too many people anyway, so that should be interesting. If we can get their bigs in foul trouble, that's great. And we have lots of big men fouls to give.

Should is the keyword there. Hopefully we don't play our Jacksonville St defense against them (I don't think we will see that again this season but yuck!).

The last few minutes of the Jacksonville State game might be acceptable if we start out that way.

no idea what to expect tonight. ORU is hard to understand - close for 30 minutes vs. Baylor; OT loss to Ole Miss, then blowout losses to bad teams.

Tonight may tell us whether Oregon State was lightning in a bottle or a trend of improvement.

Tinkle is hurt for Oregon State. I imagine that will make that win look less impressive than it already is. That team had some talent.

Yeah, that's a tough blow for them. He had 31 and 10 with 6 steals in the game he broke his wrist.

But I'm not obsessed with resume this year and I think the quality of play in that game is more important than how the win looks in March.

We do have an Oklahoman on the roster: Curran Scott, though he's from the west side of the state.

I wouldn't go telling the team that the best team we had lost to ORU. It doesn't send the right message. It's like saying that it's OK if you don't show up against them. You can still do great things.

The ORU board says Anderson is out. With our luck, Caleb Green will be granted one more game of eligibility and then some walk on will play like Mark Price tonight.

You say oregano but all I can think of is Stevia

12798036_135433983514824_1781497060_n.jpg

Should be an exciting game!

I'll see you boys in a little bit. Off for my pre-game routine...2 dozen krispy kreme's and a bucket of KFC. Big games give me a BIG appetite!!

Where is the big game?

Reactions: Gold*
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT