ADVERTISEMENT

USA today gave us a B

A B is a massive improvement over the F- I have the previous season. I'll take it!

I agree with the B, on a the sliding scale they were talking about. Overall, pretty decent write up by them.

A+ for Houston is a bit of a slap to the face. I get that they were trying to be nice and compliment Houston, but Houston never should have dropped that game to UCONN. Solid "A" for Houston, needed to run the table for the A+ IMHO, because it was not only possible, it should have happened (I'm nit picking, but A+ deserves nit picking)

Same for Iowa. They didn't win their conference and their best win of the year was Northwestern, under the old system they wouldn't have played in the Rose Bowl - they got in by consolation. And then they got humiliated. Only Iowa would consider that an "A" season. Again, a good season --- but I know a ton of Iowa fans, and listening to many of them you'd think their football team ran the table and cured cancer. They had three wins over top 50 teams all year (Pitt, Wisconsin, and Northwestern). They had a good year, but had they played Michigan, Ohio St., or Michigan State during the regular season they would have been in the toilet bowl. Had they beat either Michigan State or Stanford, but with Stanford blowing them out and Michigan State turning out to be not-so-good...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT