ADVERTISEMENT

Uni's

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
I really like these uniforms. They would be my favorite in years if it wasn't for the tiger stripes.

I think it is the gold accenting.

I really loathe the tiger stripes. They didn’t look good in the 80’s they don’t look good now. Lol.

Do they come in yellow?
Yeah... Bird's nut huggers come in yellow.
image1.jpg

That’s when pro ball was good. I can’t even watch it these days.
That was one of the best, most intense rivalries on the court. Punches, clotheslines, really hard fouls. Trash talk that would make today's so called tough guys like Draymond Green cry.

There are legendary stories of Bird's trash talking out there. One involved Dominique Wilkins as a rookie. Wilkins tells the story of a time he faced Bird in his first year and Bird told him he was going to drop x number of points on him and he would tell Wilkins how he was going to score on that possession and he would do it.

Today's players are soft. Every little touch is a foul to them. James Harden wouldn't survive 15 minutes playing in the 1908's NBA because every time he would flop or flail on the perimeter, one of the Detroit Pistons from that era would make sure they gave him a harder reason to go down and flail.

Not sure I watched more than 15 collective minutes of the NBA last season. Give me the NHL any day

Reactions: TULOYAL and TU Man
Yeah... Bird's nut huggers come in yellow.
image1.jpg
This pic shows so many truly amazing players. And true Kareem was crying and likely had a point with Bird. Bird had an amazing way of getting under his opponents skin and was damn sure not ever going to back down.

That was one of the best, most intense rivalries on the court. Punches, clotheslines, really hard fouls. Trash talk that would make today's so called tough guys like Draymond Green cry.

There are legendary stories of Bird's trash talking out there. One involved Dominique Wilkins as a rookie. Wilkins tells the story of a time he faced Bird in his first year and Bird told him he was going to drop x number of points on him and he would tell Wilkins how he was going to score on that possession and he would do it.

Today's players are soft. Every little touch is a foul to them. James Harden wouldn't survive 15 minutes playing in the 1908's NBA because every time he would flop or flail on the perimeter, one of the Detroit Pistons from that era would make sure they gave him a harder reason to go down and flail.

Not sure I watched more than 15 collective minutes of the NBA last season. Give me the NHL any day
Those Detroit-Bulls games needed an NHL penalty box. Only thing missing in those games were prison shanks.

Those Detroit-Bulls games needed an NHL penalty box. Only thing missing in those games were prison shanks.
There were a lot of rivalry games that fell into that category. Pistons-Cavs was there for a while, Boston-Lakers, Boston-Knicks, Knicks-Bulls, Pistons-Knicks, Pistons-Bulls, Seattle-Lakers, Seattle-Portland, Phoenix-Seattle.

There were a lot of rivalry games that fell into that category. Pistons-Cavs was there for a while, Boston-Lakers, Boston-Knicks, Knicks-Bulls, Pistons-Knicks, Pistons-Bulls, Seattle-Lakers, Seattle-Portland, Phoenix-Seattle.
Anyone playing Reggie Miller…

That one came a little later than the prime Celtics, Lakers, Pistons, Bulls Cavs, and Knicks teams.
He was in the league from 87-05. That certainly overlapped the tale end of the Lakeshow, Pistons title years, Bulls dynasty and the Ewing Knicks.

He was in the league from 87-05. That certainly overlapped the tale end of the Lakeshow, Pistons title years, Bulls dynasty and the Ewing Knicks.
Holy crap. I had no idea he played that long. That means he got into the league only a couple years after Jordan. Maybe I only remember him when the Pacers got better in the mid 90s

Holy crap. I had no idea he played that long. That means he got into the league only a couple years after Jordan. Maybe I only remember him when the Pacers got better in the mid 90s

When he was drafted the best known thing about him was his sister, who he admits was a better player.

He came into his own as the Bulls started their run. He got pretty dominant about the time MJ left and came back. His choke sign to Spike is one of the best sports sequences ever, the game was good, the finish spectacular.

Reactions: TU_BLA
When he was drafted the best known thing about him was his sister, who he admits was a better player.

He came into his own as the Bulls started their run. He got pretty dominant about the time MJ left and came back. His choke sign to Spike is one of the best sports sequences ever, the game was good, the finish spectacular.
I like Reggie as a player because he would trash talk and then back it up. His 8pts in 8.9 seconds was something ridiculous and spectacular to see as it took down the Knicks. I don't remember him vs the Celtics in their mid to late 80s hey day...those Pacers teams seemed more centered on Chuck Person who Larry Bird made cry with his trash talking.

Jordan himself said that the out of all the teams he played during the title runs of the 90’s that the Pacers were the toughest in the East outside of the bad boy pistons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT