ADVERTISEMENT

UCONN Game Thread

There are so many variables that go into a game that I really don't know how to rate a team anymore , everyone gets upset now.

Just a reminder... It's a game, life will go on, a game should not ruin your night. Once you learn that, you will be alot happier and enjoy the games more!

What?

UConn beats Haith once at home and...
SMH...

Too much emotion from the last game, IMO.

I’m still disappointed as hell but, we overperformed for a while now. A let down was inevitable.
Dude... I had this team at .500 before the season. Saw them live in first few games and said "wow!!!". Very nice team in quite awhile...

I have NIT expectations. So... no melting here.
Korita, however, is in my crap house!!!!

What?

UConn beats Haith once at home and...
SMH...

Too much emotion from the last game, IMO.

I’m still disappointed as hell but, we overperformed for a while now. A let down was inevitable.

I understand this response, but I’ve been fooled enough to remain skeptical. I’ll be as pumped as anyone about any big win, but this result wasn’t a surprise to me

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Dude... I had this team at .500 before the season. Saw them live in first few games and said "wow!!!". Very nice team in quite awhile...

I have NIT expectations. So... no melting here.
Korita, however, is in my crap house!!!!

Maybe but, you melt as soon as we don’t have a lead so...
I’m pissed too but, there were about 6 reasons we lost.
One on the coaches for who was guarding Bouknight. The rest, on the players not performing.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
...from Beat Wichita St!!! thread.
Jesus, failure will bring a TOTAL(I said TOTAL) meltdown. The board is so high right now, like stoned out of their gourds high.
Well the whole board had a gentle melt down to no melt down. It was just a couple of posters that had a full on melt.

Reactions: loca2874
Maybe but, you melt as soon as we don’t have a lead so...
I’m pissed too but, there were about 6 reasons we lost.
One on the coaches for who was guarding Bouknight. The rest, on the players not performing.

Oh trust me sir, I have yet to melt. When we got behind I actually posted that I thought we’d be alright.

His 0-5 from the field didn't kill us. It was his defense....or lack thereof......UCONN found his match up each time there in the second half. This is where we miss KES and Haywood.
None. He shouldn't be on the court. He's just not good enough for the AAC. I thought he was gonna be a stud for us out of HS. Sad.

Tough night.
Can’t hit from 3.
Horne a no show.
No hustle on rebounding.
Lose Rachal.
Forget to guard their hot guy or, keep allowing the mismatch.

II was right, trap/hangover game.
Haith kept trying to move Jackson and a joiner around on Bouknight and Gilbert and put Korita on someone else. UCONN always went to whoever Korita was guarding. We forced enough misses and bad shots in the 1st half that we could have built a bit of a lead except we couldn’t limit them to one shot and/or we couldn’t score on the other end. Several times we had a chance to push the lead to 7 and never could get there. Then Gilbert went crazy at the end of the half, and Bouknight went nuts in the 2nd. Every time we got it to 2 or 3 they hit a shot or got an offensive rebound and hit a shot.

Offensively, I thought we were flat and over thinking the game. I understand UCONN’s bigs are soft and Igbanu is their daddy but we needed to take some of the open 3s earlier. Joiner, Hill, Horne, Rachal all passed up plenty of open 3s early in the game.

Just got back from the game after running some errands.
There were many keys to this loss...
1. Haith was completely out coached from start to finish...
2. TU has zero outside consistent 3 point shooters
3. UConn knew that Korita can't guard against quickness, so they rotated a player to shoot the 3 knowing it would always be an open 3 over Korita
4. TU doesn't seem to know how to block out the weakside rebound...
5. They let Igbanu have all the points he wanted and shut down everyone else...
6. Haith never figured out how to make a halftime adjustment...

There may be more, but this is a good start!

Thoughts... This was a must win for TU, now outside winning the tourney TU will not go to the Big Dance. We have too many bad losses. We are now playing for NIT or BUST. With the Rachal loss to an ankle injury I see nothing but losses till his return, even then how long will it take him to get 100% healthy. This looks as if the season took a complete nose dive in one game. Since I was only hoping for some post season play, I am not surprised, but disappointed for the players...

Oh well, there is always the chant since KJ graduated... WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!

Thoughts... This was a must win for TU, now outside winning the tourney TU will not go to the Big Dance. We have too many bad losses. We are now playing for NIT or BUST. With the Rachal loss to an ankle injury I see nothing but losses till his return, even then how long will it take him to get 100% healthy. This looks as if the season took a complete nose dive in one game. Since I was only hoping for some post season play, I am not surprised, but disappointed for the players...

Oh well, there is always the chant since KJ graduated... WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!
It's not that bad. We still can rectify it with a road win over Houston or Wichita St.

Yes G... however, I don't see that happening as we usually don't play our best on the road. The Shockers will be looking for a payback game and Houston hasn't always been a good environment for us. However, there is always hope!

None. He shouldn't be on the court. He's just not good enough for the AAC. I thought he was gonna be a stud for us out of HS. Sad.
Lawson doesn’t have the foot speed but he plays position defense and plays hard every game . The weakness to any zone defense is the wide open three point shot and UConn was hitting their threes . TU was stone cold outside .

Except for Igbanu, I think it was a mental letdown after the great victory over WSU. It seemed, especially in the first half, that we were scared to try a 3-pointer. Have no clue why. I always blame coaches for not getting a team mentally prepared to play. But after big games, it's 20-somethings mind set that will not be changed, whether coaches work on them or not. No energy on D, few 3-pt attempts(well, Korita can always be counted to jack one up), no close out on their 3's etc.. After playing lights out for 6 straight, I can't think of anything else to have caused the debacle last night. TU Basketball: Mamba Mentality-Not!

Reactions: loca2874
Haith drilled them too hard? Pre-game Hiath repeatedly emphasized not just taking the open shot, wanting to work inside out and the shot clock (make the defense work) were points he brought up multiple times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT