ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa's opener against Toledo has been canceled

This is more of the Drip, Drip, Drip I discussed on another post. Football is shrinking away this season.

Per Kelly Hines - Tulsa was aware of the likelihood of the game being canceled and has been pursuing potential replacement opponents.

Yes, TU was well aware of the possibility...it wasn't a shock. At this rate, however, the likelihood of having a season at all isn't looking very good.

If the college football season is in front of empty stands like the NHL playoffs are presently; it's not that big of a loss. Sports without spectators is simply scrimmages with no passion. Our out-of-conference schedule for 2020 is pretty weak as it is... Better to skip the season and avoid a future lawsuit than play to a COMPLETELY empty stadium (even though Tulsa might have a leg up on the competition due to our piss-poor attendance).

conferenceoutlook.jpg

I kind of like that. The best part is UTEP gets booted out of FBS in favor of North Dakota State. Sign me up.

Besides snubbing UTEP, a return to a primarily regional conference alignment would be the biggest selling point to me, and eliminating the computers and the subjectivity of writers and coaches polls for the vast majority of playoff spots. Simply win your conference, and go to the playoffs. Only two wild cards. Nice.

Won't happen, but it is kind of fun to think about.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Existing TV contacts and P5 members will prevent this from happening but it makes alot of sense to me. The Big 12 becomes the Southwest and current members of the Big 12 lose KU, KSU, ISU, and WV. But they pick up ATM and others they consider sure wins to boost their chances of getting in the playoffs. The regional rivalries will be rekindled and fan attendance at home games for all teams would increase IMO.

What changes will the ncaa have to make to accommodate player and schools affected by the covid19 shutdown.

Last edited:
Too much stupid in the SEC to cancel the season - they’ll be the last conference standing. To hell with the health of their student athletes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT