ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa's next Head Football Coach

They haven't ranked above #90 in sack rating since Dane's last season. We've been terrible at pass protection and not phenomenal at run blocking either for 3/5

Reactions: TUBixby
They haven't ranked above #90 in sack rating since Dane's last season. We've been terrible at pass protection and not phenomenal at run blocking either for 3/5
It's the blocking scheme and the lack of having anyone run a hot route when the other team brings pressure. Go back and watch some of the decisions the OL make in figuring out who they should try and block. You'll see 2 guys go for the same interior DL (plus the RB if we're in a 4 WR set) leaving the outside rushers a free lane to Smith. The number of times one of our guards cracks down on a DT leaving a 2nd interior rusher a free lane up the middle is staggering. It's either a complete lack of awareness of what's going on, complete lack of communication, or we're in a blocking scheme so complex there's no way a young kid can learn it without being in a game situation. I just always thought the other team brought more than we could block...but really teams are stunting more and most are bringing 5 (max 6).

Not having torch plays to beat the pressure really hurts. No RB screens to really speak of...no wheel routes to the RBs to beat the DBs. If teams don't have to worry about those things, they can focus on the WRs and bring pressure without worrying of the consequences.

Our play calling is so vanilla and predictable. Last week was the first time this SEASON I've seen a jet sweep called. Haven't seen a flea-flicker with this team since Nixon was president.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Need to throw a normal screen with lineman let in lob over to the back would work because we never run it. Plus he needs to a challenge every game last week was the 1st week I have seen him use it and we lost on it.

Reactions: maverickfp
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT