ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa vs ECU game thread

Why are we better off with the ball in Joiner’s hands down the stretch than our 3 yr starting senior PG?

Reactions: Tulsa76
If taplin is confident he can do special things. That could be a big time shot for us going forward.

Last edited:
Taplin makes three of games best plays ( one the pass to Martins) after struggling during game. Nice pass from Korita.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
JR Rollo told a manager they need to look at the clock, and the sh&tty lead ref said something to him about keeping quiet. Almost kicked him out of the game. Ha, ha.

Yeah that’s some major bs. I know everyone complains about officiating in their leagues, but ours is especially bad and the refs have some sort of complex.

Reactions: Gold*
Joiner is my player of the game because while that last shot put it away we would have lost without Joiners 5 points in OT.

Reactions: URedskin54
Yeah that’s some major bs. I know everyone complains about officiating in their leagues, but ours is especially bad and the refs have some sort of complex.

This comment was after the AAC games yesterday, but applies to the entire conference season.

20h
Dear American Conference: Please upgrade your officials. Sincerely, America

Last edited:
It was a riot listening to the ECU homer get so excited when ECU took the lead. "What do WE need to do on this possession to score?" He voice was sad face at the outcome.

3 more home wins coming WSU, ECU and Tulane. Can TU steal one or both at Temple and at Memphis?

It will be interesting how many Shocker fans travel at 12-12 and 5-7.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
It was a riot listening to the ECU homer get so excited when ECU took the lead. "What do WE need to do on this possession to score?" He voice was sad face at the outcome.

3 more home wins coming WSU, ECU and Tulane. Can TU steal one or both at Temple and at Memphis?

I watched the ESPN 3 game feed. My wife was sitting next to me not actively listening to the game. After it was over she asked if it was the ECU home broadcast crew because they sound really sad that TU won.

The game will be sold out. Wichita travels to Tulsa well

This year's game is on a weeknight. Last year was on Saturday night. They'll travel pretty well but not like last season. Our fans need to show up. It's a big game.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
We actually have a chance to finish 4th. If we win out and temple loses to Tulsa, Memphis and UCF then we could squeak into that 4 spot

We actually have a chance to finish 4th. If we win out and temple loses to Tulsa, Memphis and UCF then we could squeak into that 4 spot
The desired finish depends on what you want from the season. Fourth place probably puts us in the NIT but we would probably face one of the other three followed by Houston, not a good path to the tourney.

Fifth would give us a first game against Tulane to start, then probably Temple followed by Houston. Just as tough as the previous but with one more win and an outside shot at the NIT.

Sixth probably means a miracle needed for the NIT and a first round game against ECU but it also means not seeing Houston until the finals.

The desired finish depends on what you want from the season. Fourth place probably puts us in the NIT but we would probably face one of the other three followed by Houston, not a good path to the tourney.

Fifth would give us a first game against Tulane to start, then probably Temple followed by Houston. Just as tough as the previous but with one more win and an outside shot at the NIT.

Sixth probably means a miracle needed for the NIT and a first round game against ECU but it also means not seeing Houston until the finals.

I think we are in better position for the nit than you think. Conference finish means nothing anymore. Hell, ou is comfortably in the ncaa and they’re 4-9 in the big 12, which is really stupid. But it is what it is now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT