ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa to play in Seattle against Washington Huskies in 2023

In 2014, OU was ranked number 4 and had beaten Alabama in the Sugar Bowl the previous year. TU was a couple of years removed from a conference championship and national ranking and opened the season with a win over Tulane. It didn’t sell out. I don’t take it as a given. Though the marketing of tickets and how we reach people has changed for the better since then. Sales may pick up after the season starts. Nobody buys single game tickets in August when it’s 108 degrees out and school supplies are on the shopping list.
I left after the first quarter as I recall due to our dismal performance.

Reactions: goldenhurricane2
Nothing worse than stinking it up at home to the delight of opposing fans. I simply won't stay for that. Not that much of a masochist.
I was surrounded by a group of OU fans who looked like extras from "Duck Dynasty." I doubt any of them could get into an OU home game without taking a mortgage out on their double-wides. But they were able to get 45-yard seats on the East Side. That was the only game that year that a lot of those seats had paying customers.

IIRC, the ticket price for that game was $95 and that was in the endzone. That's why it didn't sell out.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Yes embarrassing
Then it was the walk of shame to your car, hoping young children didn’t hear your foul language 😎

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Yes embarrassing
Then it was the walk of shame to your car, hoping young children didn’t hear your foul language 😎
I curse my way to the car in those situations.

Reactions: TU83
No reason for TU to sell a single game ticket to this game. Make them buy a game pack.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Media release...

TULSA, Okla. ––The University Tulsa has agreed to play a one-game series in football against the Pacific-12 Conference's Washington Huskies. The game is scheduled for September 9, 2023 at 70,138-seat Husky Stadium in Seattle, Washington.

It will be the first-ever meeting between the two schools on the gridiron.

Washington is coming off of a 10-4 season that saw the Huskies win the Pac-12 title and finish the campaign ranked 13thnationally.

Washington has been a member of the Pac-12 since the league was first formed as the Pacific Coast Conference in 1915, and then after disbanding and becoming the modern-day Pac-12 Conference in 1959.

Tulsa has faced four of the current Pac-12 members but played only Oregon when the school was a member of the league. Tulsa and Oregon faced-off in the 1989 Independence Bowl. Tulsa has also faced Arizona twice (1958, 1960), Colorado (1969) and Utah four times (1948, 1997, 1997, 2006), but it was before those schools became members of the Pac-12 Conference.
Hey, maybe this will be a conference game!

• Haha
Reactions: loca2874
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT