ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa picks up Rutgers transfer -- story linked

I'm becoming disappointed with this staff's recruiting touch. Etou was a top 150 player coming out of high school, but he was purportedly found to be too old for HS competition during his senior year. He was pretty lackluster at Rutgers... on the worst team in the Big 10. I hope he can continue develop during his year off and show something more than what's been on display to this point.

EDIT: Sorry if I come off like a negative Nancy. I just really want to see TU build on the success our senior class has had over their careers.

Last edited:
He will really help ease the pain corne the 2016-3017 season. Wish we could find a way to get him eligible this upcoming season.

I'm becoming disappointed with this staff's recruiting touch. Etou was a top 150 player coming out of high school, but he was purportedly found to be too old for HS competition during his senior year. He was pretty lackluster at Rutgers... on the worst team in the Big 10. I hope he can continue develop during his year off and show something more than what's been on display to this point.

EDIT: Sorry if I come off like a negative Nancy. I just really want to see TU build on the success our senior class has had over their careers.

This kid held offers from Kansas, Memphis, Maryland, and West Virginia during his Sr. year of High School. Many times playing in a bad program or the wrong system hides a kids true abilities.

TX

I mentioned this in the Alley but will mention it here as well. He will be a 24 year old junior in the 2016 season. He will give us some much needed maturity on what is likely to be a fairly young squad. Hopefully we can complement it with some JUCO guys so it isn't 7 freshmen, Edogi, and Junior.

Junior should thrive in the Haith system because he can get up and down the floor. He likely won't be our 1st or 2nd scoring option but by many accounts he is a good to great defender, and something we will desperately need on the inside after next season.

I do agree with lawpoke, though, it'd be great if we could get him immediately eligible.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
I've been somewhat critical of recruiting but I really like this addition. He's a mature big who has shown he can rebound and defend in the Big10. Next year is shaping up as a major rebuilding year. Etou helps with that transition by giving us an experienced legit D1 player down low. I see no downside except that he can't play this season.

Looking at the kids the likes of Memphis, UConn ,SMU, etc.. are signing, our high school recruiting really needs to improve.

I've been somewhat critical of recruiting but I really like this addition. He's a mature big who has shown he can rebound and defend in the Big10. Next year is shaping up as a major rebuilding year. Etou helps with that transition by giving us an experienced legit D1 player down low. I see no downside except that he can't play this season.

Looking at the kids the likes of Memphis, UConn ,SMU, etc.. are signing, our high school recruiting really needs to improve.

I agree with you in that HS recruiting needs to improve. We still desperately need a big man who can play next year though. I don't care where they get him.

Reactions: WATU2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT