ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa not selected for at large men’s soccer

The goal that beat TU in the AAC championship was a beauty. Leave it to a Brazilian to crack a wicked 25-yarder...

It's a good goal. As my son would scream, someone has to step to him and not leave him so much space.

The "goal" that TU didn't credit for is a crime and should be the NCAA primary reason to institute goal line tech for all of its matches moving forward.

It's a good goal. As my son would scream, someone has to step to him and not leave him so much space.

The "goal" that TU didn't credit for is a crime and should be the NCAA primary reason to institute goal line tech for all of its matches moving forward.
You do realize that P5 FBS football teams can’t have iPads on the sideline or booth because some teams can’t afford the Wi-Fi and infrastructure, right?

TU wasn't selected but a non-P5 team and certainly not a power team in the ranks of college soccer made the College Cup. Marshall will play later today against one of the blue bloods, UNC in one of the semifinals. Marshall knocked off Clemson (#1 overall seed) and Georgetown (#8) on its way to the semis.

Marshall will play for a national championship on Monday night against national powerhouse Indiana.

on the women's side, Florida State takes on Santa Clara. Santa Clara is one of the old school traditional women's powerhouses. Florida State has been one of the best teams over the last 5-6 years challenging the traditional ACC powerhouse in UNC.

Anyone watching the national championship game between Marshall and Indiana? IMO, Marshall has dominated the game and certainly the majority of the 2nd half. They have a ton of talent and speed through their MF and forwards and they have put Indiana on their heels.

Reactions: GoldenCaneKC
Marshall wins in OT, that's fantastic!
The build up to that goal was fantastic. Marshall had IU's defenders off balance all night. It was really good attacking play from Marshall and apparently their coach mentioned coming into the tournament he felt they were the best team in the country (and I think he meant it, not just coach speak). Both soccer champions are non-P5s...even more of a reason to include more non-P5s in championship tournaments.

What I didn't know what Indiana had to go to PKs in their first game against St. Francis (PA).

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I’ve always respected but despised Indiana soccer. Good for Marshall but now the P5s will sit around for 11 months scheming something to make it harder for the G5 to advance.

Reactions: TU_BLA
I’ve always respected but despised Indiana soccer. Good for Marshall but now the P5s will sit around for 11 months scheming something to make it harder for the G5 to advance.
Not sure how you make it harder. Marshall beat 3 of the top 8 teams in the country. This was about the equivalent of an 11 or 12 seed in the NCAA tournament winning the natty.

Reactions: HuffyCane
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT