ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa in Sweet Sixteen

The Tulsa World site reported this:

Tulsa (14-5-1) will play at the University of San Diego in the Sweet Sixteen. The Toreros (14-8-0) defeated UCLA 5-2 on Sunday.

Coach Tim McIntosh said the school made a "slight mistake" in not submitting a bid to the NCAA to host postseason games.

Wow that sucks...on the bright side the weather should be nice. I like our chances against the upset minded Torreros. Plus, we already knocked 'em off in basketball ;-)
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I am hearing rumors that this game will be at home. Does anyone in their right mind think San Diego did their paperwork? I don't. Everyone of these bastards is from CA. Hopefully this game is 45 degrees with a nice rain.

Just looked at the bracket. If we win, we get the Georgetown-Syracuse winner. If Syracuse pulls the upset, I would think we host the quarterfinal match. Honestly, the only team that I think can keep us out of playing for the national championship is Maryland. And we'd play them in the semis.

Louisville's size and speed might present a problem. In a low scoring match or inclement weather, they would have to be favored. Otherwise, I agree. We look good to go deep at this point. The USD is nothing to sneeze at and their coach has been around forever. As my old coach used to say, they all count one and we play them one at a time. Lets play the next one before we worry about the others.

If we make it to Hoover, my promise from years gone by still stands: I'll spring for the keg.

In the meantime, I'm thinking you need to do a little Coach Mac photoshop in honor of beating the Bulls.

_
This post was edited on 11/19 3:00 PM by HuffyCane

The morons over at Big Soccer arent giving the boys a chance and goof on the athletic department for not submitting a bid.

The link is below if any of you want to go to war.

Big Morons

I thought Tulsa was starting to make a name for themselves in the world of college soccer but everyone in that thread acted like they never heard of us before.

Originally posted by TUcandoit:

I thought Tulsa was starting to make a name for themselves in the world of college soccer but everyone in that thread acted like they never heard of us before.

That cracks me up. OK even has really good club teams as well on both sides of the state, some that nationally competitive at OFC and Tulsa Hurricane. The Mata bros are TSC products. These Big Soccer guys sound like pure imbeciles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT