ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa Football Summer Position Analysis: Cornerbacks

Another great article, Larry. Thanks. This is an area of strength and hopefully improves our defense over last year. Glad to hear about Hill. I was wondering if he was still on the team and ever going to play for us again.

Reactions: Larry Lewis
Has TU ever really had the depth they have right now at the CB position? Plus, have we ever had a group as BIG as these corners? I always remember our CB being 5'10/5'11" at most and always struggling against the taller WRs. This group seems really long compared to our usual CB group.

Should be a good corps that can go 4-6 guys deep. I've been saying for Monty's entire tenure that this is what we needed. Somewhere we can line up in a nickel or dime package when they line up with 4 wideouts. I'm so tired of seeing our LB's get burned in this pass friendly league.

We are going to learn a lot about the current staff's ability to evaluate and recruit this season. All of these guys were either hurt or put into high pressure situations with little or no experience during the last campaign. They are healthy and experienced now. I get that the ability of the line to get pressure is a question mark this year and that will affect how these guys perform, but there isnt any excuse from the staff if we see another year of what we saw last year, which was hybrids, corners, and frees all confused and demoralized. TU can give up Patterson numbers and I really dont care. I do care when players are so consistently beat that you question whether the walk-ons deserve a shot.

If we can avoid injuries we have a really good top 4 at CB.

Hopefully we can get pressure on the QB. Even the best CBs can only cover for so long if they’re not getting help.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT