ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa Football Springfest

Tulsafanzz

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Apr 22, 2006
Open practice today from 11:30 - 12:30. I’m looking forward to getting a first look at Coach Wilson’s first TU football team. Should be a beautiful day for football!

Last edited:
The decision not to have a spring game makes no sense to me

It was pretty lightly attended but they did a good job getting the fans involved with inviting them on the field.
And it was Coach Wilson that was the one that told all the fans to come on down , he won a lot with the fans imo today

It was definitely a practice & not a scrimmage. For me, it was disappointing because I really couldn’t tell who all the players were and it wasn’t real game situations. It was nice for people to get on the field, especially the kids. It was also nice to get inside the Case Center. It’s been a while since I’ve done that.

If they’re not going to follow up with a real spring game I will be disappointed. I hope this is not Wilson’s annual tradition.

The decision not to have a spring game makes no sense to me
They never said they weren't having a spring game...they're just not having a Spring game that is fan-centric or open to the public. My guess is they still do a pro-longed, game situation scrimmage that none of us will be present to critique on here.

Reactions: HuffyCane
They never said they weren't having a spring game...they're just not having a Spring game that is fan-centric or open to the public. My guess is they still do a pro-longed, game situation scrimmage that none of us will be present to critique on here.

Yeah that’s what I’m saying makes no sense. It’s one of the few things fans can be enthusiastic about this time of year

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
Yeah that’s what I’m saying makes no sense. It’s one of the few things fans can be enthusiastic about this time of year
It's fine really. He doesn't want fans griping about this or griping about that regarding how the team plays and how the fans want Cardell Williams to be the starter b/c all fan bases think the backup QB is better than the starter. Hell, he doesn't even truly know what he has for a team yet in terms of strengths or weaknesses and he doesn't want douchebags like Haisten already predicting a 4-8 season based on 45 vanilla plays in a scrimmage. Let the team work and get some confidence. There will be plenty of time to be critical of the players and coaches after game 1, which we might win 75-0, yet some on here will still blast the team for something.

It's fine really. He doesn't want fans griping about this or griping about that regarding how the team plays and how the fans want Cardell Williams to be the starter b/c all fan bases think the backup QB is better than the starter. H
Come on, that never happens....

With that said, Bower Bower Bower!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: TU_BLA
It's fine really. He doesn't want fans griping about this or griping about that regarding how the team plays and how the fans want Cardell Williams to be the starter b/c all fan bases think the backup QB is better than the starter. Hell, he doesn't even truly know what he has for a team yet in terms of strengths or weaknesses and he doesn't want douchebags like Haisten already predicting a 4-8 season based on 45 vanilla plays in a scrimmage. Let the team work and get some confidence. There will be plenty of time to be critical of the players and coaches after game 1, which we might win 75-0, yet some on here will still blast the team for something.

I don’t think I buy that. TU is not an easy job, but it’s a relatively low pressure job when it comes to unreasonable fans and media. Eliminating what is essentially just a fun scrimmage for fans is a head scratcher.

Did I read where Tulsa will have a scrimmage April 15 if so is it open to the public?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT