ADVERTISEMENT

TU vs La Tech prediction

Our best hope lies in Wilson’s presser where he said he told the coaches to play the best talent. The freshman DB’s are bigger and at least as talented as the other guys but, are freshman.

Do we give up freshman mistakes for size?
Do we give up size for freshman talent and mistakes?

I expect we will see some of these gambles since he brought it to.
I’m not at all against giving some younger guys a go that got to see a little time vs OSU.

First play time jitters coming out late and cold at home against a big opponent is different than getting legit playtime on the road against an opponent comparable to you.

But, it’s worth a shot.
Couldn’t be much worse than what we have at the moment

Reactions: Weatherdemon
You're being a little dramatic here. Let's not act like La Tech is some world beater and we MAY have a chance to win. I highly doubt they'll have that kind of success against us.
This guy again.....didn't you learn your lesson all the other times you were way wrong?

I think I was the lone one here who picked Arkansas State over us but I’m going with TU this time. 34-27. Just like race horses dropping from a stakes race to an allowance race. We should have more confidence.

Reactions: dougheffking
Good thing about Saturday we didn’t have any major injuries and we got some experience for a lot of freshmen

Reactions: quincy101
I think I was the lone one here who picked Arkansas State over us but I’m going with TU this time. 34-27. Just like race horses dropping from a stakes race to an allowance race. We should have more confidence.
These are tough places to play. There’s a reason why we’ve never won at Jonesboro and only once at Ruston.

I expect a win on Saturday, but it won’t be easy and could go either way.

La Tech is averaging (2 games):

279 pass yards
76 rushing yards

So it looks like they can’t run the ball very well… I wish it were the other way around as I think our D line could handle the rush based on what they did to Gordon last week. But our secondary (complete ass) will have to step up and do something (anything) or it could end up poorly for us - yes obviously La tech isn’t on the same planet as OSU, but the way our secondary looked last week, NSU could have thrown for several TDs against us.

La tech defense gave up 200 total yards to Nichols State and 361 to NC State. Now I know those are two vastly different opponents, but it seems that their defense is decent. However, it should be noted that NC State is NOT good at all.

All that to put in perspective what we’re up against. If we play well - secondary actually shows up, Francis looks sharp from the get go, I think we win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT