ADVERTISEMENT

TU vs La Tech prediction

Big game for bowl hopes.
Win and the season will be a little more fun.
Lose and it’s going to be rough.

La Tech scores more and allows less.
CBS rankings are La Tech 115 TU 124

Being realistic with us being on the road.

TU 21
La Tech 27

Reactions: chito_and_leon
Big game for bowl hopes.
Win and the season will be a little more fun.
Lose and it’s going to be rough.

La Tech scores more and allows less.
CBS rankings are La Tech 115 TU 124

Being realistic with us being on the road.

TU 21
La Tech 27
With all due respect....CBS rankings? LOL.

With all due respect?
You don’t respect a single person on here.

ESPN has us 108 vs them at 116.
So you’re splitting dog hairs in dogsh1t.

We opened at -1.5 to -3 and now are +3.5.
I don’t respect a single person on her? Well, that’s just not true big guy

Sagarin has us #126 and LaTech is #138. Given home field advantage Sagarin has LaTech as one point favorite. LaTech isn’t any good. We aren’t either but I think I do believe we bounce back and get a road win.

TU. 35
LaTech 31

Sagarin has us #126 and LaTech is #138. Given home field advantage Sagarin has LaTech as one point favorite. LaTech isn’t any good. We aren’t either but I think I do believe we bounce back and get a road win.

TU. 35
LaTech 31
"I think I do believe"

Quote of the day hahaha

Her = Aretha Franklin
We aren’t the only fans melting … from the La Tech board

Rest of the Way 2024 Season​

I have seen enough of Tech and the opponents remaining on our schedule to say, a "good" Tech team would finish 8-4. That's not going to happen with Crummy as coach.

CUSA sucks! I mean, this conference is not just bad, it is horrible! Easily the worst FBS league, and it's not even close. We used to compete with the MAC for the cellar, but those guys are on the steps out of the cellar, and we're still hugging the floor. This is why, with 8 CUSA games to play yet, I think we SHOULD finish 8-4. No accomplishment, it would just be a matter of not sucking as bad as our CUSA opponents. (I am still liking our defense, gives me a slimmer of hope). But, Crummy is the worst coach in the league, by far, and he'll nullify any chance the team might have had of a winning season.

Tulsa sucks, gives me a little hope of picking up a win there. Arkansas sucks too, but we just can't beat a P5 in the regular season, no matter how bad they are. Dykes is the last coach to record a regular season P5 win, back in 2012.

La Tech 35
TU 34

Our defense has to get better if we want to win games. I just don't think they can do it on the road in Ruston. I think La Tech's passing attack will have over 300 yards against us, which will be the difference. Our only hope is if we can get the running game going. If we can run to open up the passing game, we have a chance to win.

La Tech 35
TU 34

Our defense has to get better if we want to win games. I just don't think they can do it on the road in Ruston. I think La Tech's passing attack will have over 300 yards against us, which will be the difference. Our only hope is if we can get the running game going. If we can run to open up the passing game, we have a chance to win.
You're being a little dramatic here. Let's not act like La Tech is some world beater and we MAY have a chance to win. I highly doubt they'll have that kind of success against us.

Their QB has 351 yards through 2 games, but he's going to have 300+ against us? I don't see it.
from their message board ..
“ I
have seen enough of Tech and the opponents remaining on our schedule to say, a "good" Tech team would finish 8-4. That's not going to happen with Crummy as coach.

CUSA sucks! I mean, this conference is not just bad, it is horrible! Easily the worst FBS league, and it's not even close. We used to compete with the MAC for the cellar, but those guys are on the steps out of the cellar, and we're still hugging the floor. This is why, with 8 CUSA games to play yet, I think we SHOULD finish 8-4. No accomplishment, it would just be a matter of not sucking as bad as our CUSA opponents. (I am still liking our defense, gives me a slimmer of hope). But, Crummy is the worst coach in the league, by far, and he'll nullify any chance the team might have had of a winning season.

Tulsa sucks, gives me a little hope of picking up a win there. Arkansas sucks too, but we just can't beat a P5 in the regular season, no matter how bad they are. Dykes is the last coach to record a regular season P5 win, back in 2012.

TU. 35
LaTech 31
My hearts says Tulsa, but the game being played in the armpit of Louisiana doesn't give me a great deal of confidence.

Let's hope we can either get to the quarterback before he throws the ball, the DC figures things out and changes his "coverage" schemes, and/or our DB's and safeties get some things figured out. Like you, I don't expect much progress on my dream list, so a 35-31 affair seems to be in order.

My hearts says Tulsa, but the game being played in the armpit of Louisiana doesn't give me a great deal of confidence.

Let's hope we can either get to the quarterback before he throws the ball, the DC figures things out and changes his "coverage" schemes, and/or our DB's and safeties get some things figured out. Like you, I don't expect much progress on my dream list, so a 35-31 affair seems to be in order.
Well, I think we will be able to pass the ball on them alot too, and probably run it as well.

Well, I think we will be able to pass the ball on them alot too, and probably run it as well.
I don't disagree, and think that we can move the ball on the ground against their defense effectively to open up the passing game, thus a high scoring affair. Defense honestly scares me to death with this team. Anything that gets behind the front seven, and even in cases where he drops the LB's into coverage, is a recipe for disaster to this point. Seems that there are always large voids in the coverage that go completely undefended.

Well, we won't be scheming to stop a particular RB (like OSU's "former" Heisman Trophy candidate-Ollie G.) which we did, actually. So the pass defense should improve a lot and our Offense improves a lot, so.....I like Rusty C.'s pick TU-35 LaT-31. And please, no more fumbles on the 1 and/or Pers fouls with a chance to win. Reverse these, and we win the close ones that we didn't last season.

Last edited:
Reactions: dougheffking
Our best hope lies in Wilson’s presser where he said he told the coaches to play the best talent. The freshman DB’s are bigger and at least as talented as the other guys but, are freshman.

Do we give up freshman mistakes for size?
Do we give up size for freshman talent and mistakes?

I expect we will see some of these gambles since he brought it up.

I’m not at all against giving some younger guys a go that got to see a little time vs OSU.

First play time jitters coming out late and cold at home against a big opponent is different than getting legit playtime on the road against an opponent comparable to you. I would think the opponent and being more prepared to be on the field would be better.

It’s worth the gamble, IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT