ADVERTISEMENT

TU vs Cincinnati

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Game opened with a TU -17.5 line. Cindy has hit rock bottom. How long does it take after the game for us to hear that Tuberville has been fired/resigned?

Let's see if we can get him canned at half time.

Good grief. You're idiots. It's likely TT's last game at Cincy. I'm a homer, but I'll take CU and the points ....
Have you watched Cincinnati at all the last 3 weeks? They have no heart. Kiel has basically fractured the team with his attitude after being benched. No wonder he flamed out at Notre Dame.

Have you watched Cincinnati at all the last 3 weeks? They have no heart. Kiel has basically fractured the team with his attitude after being benched. No wonder he flamed out at Notre Dame.
I stand by my post. You want to give me the points and a bet? Otherwise, stick to posting on message boards. And yes, rest assured I'll pay my debts.

He's not a very good coach. Game passes him by. I don't bet on sports. I will enjoy you eating crow.

They don't even have Andy Travis or Herb Tarlek. They don't even have passable chili. And they still don't have Kenyon Martin.

Reactions: drboobay
You called me an idiot for wanting to see Tuberville fired at half. This is the same school that mocks our fans constantly and has a basketball coach who is on record as saying we never should beat them in anything. Their basketball coach is the human embodiment of "taint," a sniveling and pathetic imp who couldn't hit a shot over Golem, with the mouth of a sailor.

They have a football coach who is PR disaster and on his way out. He has lost his players. He has the former number one high school quarterback, an NFL prospect, on the bench. They have injuries.

They have lost four in a row. The closest loss was 17. All the rest have been blowouts by more. We are better than all of those teams.

So hell yes, take the points. But that really wasn't my point. I want us to pour it on because it's Cincinnati and their fans have been rude to us.

Reactions: RealTUTypical
They may not have Tarlek and Travis but I think a former Buckeye News Award winner still reports their scores for WKRP - the legend Les Nessman!

Also Tarlek and Carleson proposed a promo event for Friday nights game. It involves a Helicopter and live turkeys!

Go TU!!!

We have one more shot this season to prove how good we are. We're going out there and we're going to have the pedal down the entire time. This team is holding a grudge and they're going to exact sweet revenge on a team they lost to last year.

I stand by my post. You want to give me the points and a bet? Otherwise, stick to posting on message boards. And yes, rest assured I'll pay my debts.
Cincinnati is averaging 4.3 pts in the month of November. TU is averaging 40. I think TU easily puts up 45 and Cincinnati is lucky to hit 17. I don't bet either...I am able to follow trends and these 2 teams are on completely opposite trajectories right now...TU plays with a huge chip on their shoulder because of the perceived lack of respect within the conference and Cincinnati...well they at least show up right now.

They may not have Tarlek and Travis but I think a former Buckeye News Award winner still reports their scores for WKRP - the legend Les Nessman!

Also Tarlek and Carleson proposed a promo event for Friday nights game. It involves a Helicopter and live turkeys!

Go TU!!!
LMAO! Pretty much the greatest 6 minutes in the history of sitcom.

I think it's a big line too. I wouldn't touch it.
This is a different team than the one that played Fresno and SMU earlier in the season. Since those 2 games and this team gutting it out, they have played with extreme passion and precision. Very few glaring and noticeable mistakes. I'll admit I was down on them early against UCF but our coaches are THE BEST IN THE AAC at making adjustments on the fly and our players are some of the smartest in being able to implement those adjustments on the fly as well. IMO, Monty is AAC coach of the year without a doubt.

Did I say we aren't?

Hopefully I'm wrong.
No, I'm just defending the line and why it's that high. Vegas usually has a pretty good sense of what's going on by this time of the year. It's actually probably about 3-4 points too low but for the avg. bettors who likely don't know anything about either of these two teams, anything higher than what it is right now likely pushes that gambler away from this game. With minimal research (results last 5, offensive proficiency, trends) and a seasoned bettor knows that you are probably safe taking TU minus the points. Heck just looking at last week where TU struggled on offense against a pretty good defense on the road and we still pretty much covered the spread x2. Cincinnati played Memphis, not exactly a defensive juggernaut, and scored 7 points. There are a lot of factors suggesting this line is too low.

Actually results still wind up on one side of about half the lines and the other side on the other half. Still works that way late in the season for Vegas. Seasoned bettors get that.

We've also got some seniors who don't get much playing time that will probably get out there later in the game for their last home contest. A 3 score margin can be challenging to maintain through a final quarter.

And to that point, in week 12, 11 of the top 25 didn't cover as favorites. 10 did. 1 finished exactly at the spread.

Actually results still wind up on one side of about half the lines and the other side on the other half. Still works that way late in the season for Vegas. Seasoned bettors get that.

We've also got some seniors who don't get much playing time that will probably get out there later in the game for their last home contest. A 3 score margin can be challenging to maintain through a final quarter.
Solid point on the garbage time stuff. The one thing I am not sure any bettor can reconcile is mindset of a team though. Short week, Cincy just wants to be done, on the road. I think TU will push 60 points scored.

And to that point, in week 12, 11 of the top 25 didn't cover as favorites. 10 did. 1 finished exactly at the spread.
Honestly I don't think coaches or AP writers have a clue what the real top 25 should be outside of 'Bama #1. It would be interesting to see a Vegas pro rank the teams.

Honestly I don't think coaches or AP writers have a clue what the real top 25 should be outside of 'Bama #1. It would be interesting to see a Vegas pro rank the teams.

Not the point. The point is for a group of 25 teams that many pay attention to, half covered, half didn't. It's what Vegas does.

I don't get it with G.Kiel. Last year, while resembling Ben Roethlisberger, he kind of played like him, too. Then, when the season starts, he's 3rd team! Early on, I figured 1st & 2nd team guys must be superstars. Then, the roof caves in on any one of them who starts. What's going on Bla?

If Kiel starts Friday, let's hope he doesn't revert to last year's form. TU has a tendency to make stars out of people you least expect. TU Football: 1st,last,always!

I don't get it with G.Kiel. Last year, while resembling Ben Roethlisberger, he kind of played like him, too. Then, when the season starts, he's 3rd team! Early on, I figured 1st & 2nd team guys must be superstars. Then, the roof caves in on any one of them who starts. What's going on Bla?

If Kiel starts Friday, let's hope he doesn't revert to last year's form. TU has a tendency to make stars out of people you least expect. TU Football: 1st,last,always!
I would be shocked if Kiel sees any action. He didn't play at all against Memphis and that would have been his last home game as a senior. His stats aren't awful this year and he has played really sparingly. 2 INTs in 127 attempts this year. UC used to have a bevy of really good WRs and a couple of decent RBs. Not sure if it is Tuberville's offense. I have also heard many times that Kiel has been pretty pissed off about not being handed the starting job and has been a distraction in the locker room and fractured the team quite a bit. I am actually shocked Tuberville hasn't told him to take a hike if those things are true. Seems to me Tuberville is one of those coaches where dysfunction follows. Tech was like that, the end of his Auburn days were like that. His career at UC has been remarkably like that of Bill Blankenship's at TU. Did well with players mainly recruited by the previous HC (Butch Jones now at Tennessee) and then the last 2 years when those players dried up he has struggled to meet expectations.

Back to Kiel, he is a kid who believed everything that was written about him and forget to play football.

I would be shocked if Kiel sees any action. He didn't play at all against Memphis and that would have been his last home game as a senior. His stats aren't awful this year and he has played really sparingly. 2 INTs in 127 attempts this year. UC used to have a bevy of really good WRs and a couple of decent RBs. Not sure if it is Tuberville's offense. I have also heard many times that Kiel has been pretty pissed off about not being handed the starting job and has been a distraction in the locker room and fractured the team quite a bit. I am actually shocked Tuberville hasn't told him to take a hike if those things are true. Seems to me Tuberville is one of those coaches where dysfunction follows. Tech was like that, the end of his Auburn days were like that. His career at UC has been remarkably like that of Bill Blankenship's at TU. Did well with players mainly recruited by the previous HC (Butch Jones now at Tennessee) and then the last 2 years when those players dried up he has struggled to meet expectations.

Back to Kiel, he is a kid who believed everything that was written about him and forget to play football.
TUBballjunkie - I know you are married. But if not, can I please have your hand in marriage?

TUBballjunkie - I know you are married. But if not, can I please have your hand in marriage?
I think you quoted the wrong post, but other than that, cool proposal.

Last edited:
Reactions: TUBballJunkie
IIRC, the last time Cincy visited Tulsa they nearly started a brawl, back in the 90's when both were still Indy's, 93, 94, or 95? I distinctly remember a TU player getting jumped by multiple Bearskat players near the UC sideline, and Rader's staff immediately running onto the field to keep their players from getting involved. The TU players were livid their coaches would not let them respond to the aide of a teammate. In the end, Rader's staff likely prevented a major brawl, while Minter's staff just let Ref's sort out the scuffle.

I would love to see TU crush the a-hole commuter school by 50+.

TX

Last edited:
Told you people this line was scary.

Totally helped a drunk guy with an online bet for Cincinnati +23 in Nola after he asked about my TU shirt though.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Game opened with a TU -17.5 line. Cindy has hit rock bottom. How long does it take after the game for us to hear that Tuberville has been fired/resigned?

Does he still get fired? They lead that entire game until the last play in OT. I didn't think Cincy looked like a wallflower team by any means tonight. I think every team in this conference is legit, except maybe Tulane... They never win.

Does he still get fired? They lead that entire game until the last play in OT. I didn't think Cincy looked like a wallflower team by any means tonight. I think every team in this conference is legit, except maybe Tulane... They never win.
Dunno man. Read "Rise and Fall of Nations"
And tell me. I'd love to know.

IIRC, the last time Cincy visited Tulsa they nearly started a brawl, back in the 90's when both were still Indy's, 93, 94, or 95? I distinctly remember a TU player getting jumped by multiple Bearskat players near the UC sideline, and Rader's staff immediately running onto the field to keep their players from getting involved. The TU players were livid their coaches would not let them respond to the aide of a teammate. In the end, Rader's staff likely prevented a major brawl, while Minter's staff just let Ref's sort out the scuffle.

I would love to see TU crush the a-hole commuter school by 50+.

TX
Just about broke into a brawl tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT