ADVERTISEMENT

TU - SMU preview

A note of...

.... thanks to Shoe and the GCC staff for the excellent FB coverage.

I hope everyone realizes just how thorough Gamecock Central's football game coverage is?

The financial commitment they make is tremendous, especially for road games where they've got to pay for car rentals, gas, hotels, food, sometimes flights, etc. I spent the last four years on the sidelines and going on road trips with these guys, and it astounded me how hard guys in this industry have to work to cover a single event.

Compare Gamecock Central's game coverage to any other media outlet in the entire country -- big-city newspapers or websites. Compare this site's coverage to other Rivals sites and it's not even a contest. Seriously, go check some other Rivals sites.

Shoe and Company are usually reluctant to toot their own horn, so I just wanted to point out how fortunate we are. Yes, we pay, but so do fans of other Rivals site and they don't get near the coverage we do.

Thanks to Shoe, David, Chris, Scott, CJ, Chris, and Paul for the great coverage this weekend.

USC-Kentucky game coverage: Click HERE

This post was edited on 10/1 9:14 AM by GC Moderator

Re: A note of thanks to Shoe and the GCC staff for the excellent FB coverage

I'm with you Impala, much appreciated guys! is there going to be a GCC tailgate for the UGA game? would love to swing by

Dang skippy, Impala!!!

P.S.- Get rid of those Chrysler headphones you gots... ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aCk!!! Thfpppttt!!!
alien.r191677.gif

Sounds like you are trying real hard for a sideline pass this weekend.

Just kidding, I concur with your post. I do not know what the other sites provide but I am happy with all that Shoe and company provide.

Re: A note of...

Many thanks! The check is in the mail!

Couldn't agree more. We have yet to see another site provide the level in-depth reporting that we get here. Most sites are committed to football and maybe some basketball, while we get football, basketball, baseball, and now soccer. Added feature like Marty's Simpson's breakdown, the War Room, and weekly guest form the opponents sites are creative and enjoyable bonuses. Great coverage, great writing...just a great product.

The accolades are well deserved!! Keep up the good work, guys; you are very much appreciated.

Couldnt agree more. You all do a great job. Thanks for all the hard work.

Agree 1000% and thank them all for first class coverage as well as patient, professional responses to grown ups acting like spoiled, whiny children at times. We ALL need to be enjoying the best time EVER experienced in Gamecock football...not turning on ourselves.

Thank you Impala for making the point and the timing of your post!

yea baby, shoe knows it. That's why I have been for however many months are posted beside me now...

We've had the best site. Now we may have to best team to go along with it. :)

You guys blow! I go to Ron Morris for everything I need to know....;)

Just kidding....this site rocks!

+1 Impala.

I really wish the University would lift their 3 minute limit on video to non-gamecocksonline sites. Shoe and the boys got post game/practice videos up far faster than gamecocks online currently does. Plus the iPhone app change has made it almost impossible to watch those over the phone, through gamecocksonline, where I never had problems with GCC and viewing the videos mobile.

I don't know what GCC does with pictures as opposed to other "Carolina internet sites" but the quality and detail of the pics are far superior to others. Others looks grainy and as if taken from a Polaroid.

Guys keep up the good work serving your customers.

I said this last year but will repeat it, the addition of Marty Simpson for his detailed breakdown and humor is the best addition to GC's football coverage for me.
As our play on the hardwood hopefully improves under Coach Martin could there be a hoops breakdown segment in the future?
I think we have enough people who enjoy a more educated view of what went right or wrong and why to make it another must read segment of it is possible.
Both this site and the Gamecocks have come a long way since the days of Ketchup Boy and 1-10 as the best we can do.

If it was not for Gamecock central I wouldn't have any thing of worth read! Thanks for all of you guys hard work.

GO COCKS

Words can not express how much I enjoy this site. Great writing and insightful information, some great members, and enough crazy opinionated off the wall posts to keep things entertaining. Plus it is educational, as I have learned a lot about beets......

The entire staff does a great job with everything. Never had a complaint.

If Impala had not blown his cover, we could have sent him to other teams for inside intel work. Ha ha.

Agree 100 per cent.

really have enjoyed my subscription. awesome coverage of THEE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA.

Originally posted by JulianUSC:
Agree 1000% and thank them all for first class coverage as well as patient, professional responses to grown ups acting like spoiled, whiny children at times. We ALL need to be enjoying the best time EVER experienced in Gamecock football...not turning on ourselves.
THIS.

appreciate all you guys do. Go Cocks!

Without a doubt the best site in the nation, if not the world, for that matter, that is why I have been with GC for almost 9 years now. I dnt post much, though the info I get from this site is second to none. Thank You Soooo Much to all the guys working so hard to get this info out to us, The Fans. I personnaly cannot see myself going anywhere else, K Impala i want my cut of that check ;))) For real though, everytime I go to my GC site I am slaubering at the mouth to see Whatz Up!

Thanks Again GC Go Gamecocks! Beat Gogia!!!!!

almost putting shoe's laptop through my front windsheild was a gift of insider coverage and all the great info i can expect from GCC. thanks guys you all do a great job. sorry shoe for bring back bad memories, but you just had to stop at that McD's

No doubt there isn't a single rivals site out there that puts out the content that GCC does. 29 different pieces of content since Sunday and if you add in the "Ask the expert" that makes 30. And this is why I go to GCC first thing every morning. to get my Gamecock news and info.

Even the forums can be highly entertaining to read and post on at times. But I never read the site during the game haha.. Last time I did that we lost to Arkansas. So call me superstitious and as a former athlete I have always been superstitious LOL

Impala is right. If you go to other sites, even those of big-time programs, at first you look and say, "Wow - where's the coverage?" And then you realize, that's the industry norm. Most every site is like that, and this one just goes above and beyond with their behind-the-scenes stuff, recruiting updates, and general everyday stories.

It's the second site I log in to every morning (Bank of America gets the honors, sorry!), and the last site I look at before retiring for the evening. A few nights ago, I just casually pulled up the site to look at a few posts, and BOOM! - I find out about Thornwell. That's what I love - although trying to get to sleep after reading that news was kind of rough.

Kudos to Glenn, Chris, Shoe, DC, Josh, and everybody behind the scenes at Gamecock Central. I remember this past summer, during non-football time, while I was on vacation for a week. I left my laptop at home so I could spend more time with my boys, and I'll tell you- going a full week without being able to access this site was almost unbearable. You don't realize how addicted you get, and how dependent you are, until you go without. It still amazes me today to see folks that don't access this site and wonder how they do it. But it's also funny - I have Gamecock fans at work that come up to me all the time and tell me a bit of news that I read on this site like three days earlier. I always get a good chuckle at them, but I play along like it's new info to me.

Go Cocks! Beat dem Dawgs!!

I AGREE! Enjoy this site so much...not going anywhere else. This is home.

Shoe, you have built a great site for GC fans, thx.

Agree and thank you guys for the tremendous effort you put into your work and all the time you are away from family during the process.Great site!

I ditto this 100%! I joined this site after my wife passed away because I needed something to take me away from "everyday life" without her. I found that I could sign in and "lose" myself in Gamecock sports, be surrounded by Gamecock friends I had never met, and "enjoy" some parts of my day. Anyone that has experienced the loss of a spouse knows the pain and emptiness that never quite goes away. You guys gave me something I needed and still need today. The professional work that is done on this site is fabulous and I look forward everyday to reading about my Gamecock sports. Thank you and I hope you guys keep this site up and running for years to come...................Benjicocky.

Great job by all the staff and keep up the good work. Thanks for all you do.

Agreed, great job by all at Gamecock Central

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT