ADVERTISEMENT

TU - OSU let's discuss

lawpoke87

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2002
I'm seen all but two games combined these teams have played this season. OSU is the obvious favorite but TU playing at home and their strength of dribble penetration is something OSU's has struggled with this season gives TU a decent chance at an upset imo. Both teams will be better in February.

Any questions about the OSU squad or matchups?

OSU -6.5 is about right. Top 5 in the country in steals, which is the #1 problem for this TU team. And a good enough 3-point shooting team to punish open looks.

OSU opponents average 30 FTs a game and have shot 39% from 3. So I think we'll hang in the game as long as we're hitting shots, but turnovers lead to easy baskets and they'll make runs when we go cold.

I think the starting 5 can hang with this OSU team, but the bench will be overmatched and we fall just short ironically giving OSU their best OOC road win of the season.

OSU has only played one true road game...a one point loss to Maryland. They have beaten UConn and Georgetown on a neutral floor.

Officiating will play a key role. The tighter the game is called will favor TU. OSU's pressure D results in fouls. TU can make them pay at the line. At times, TU has been reluctant to attack when they break the press. I'm interested to see whether Haith will attempt to slow the game down or attack the pressure. I'm guessing he will do some of both.

Must avoid run like 27-4 to UALR. Little Rock upped their defensive pressure and we faltered. OSU will look to do the same. Limit turnovers. Contain Evans and Forte. Evans will be biggest challenge thus far for our guards.

Would be nice if Pat Birt came alive. I was looking at his stats last year. He had 14 against Wichita, but didn't really catch fire until Early January; 7 20+ games after 1/10/16.

at Tulane 27 (7-10 3pt)
at East Carolina 20 (6-11 3pt)
at Temple 22 (5-12)
vs. Houston 27 (5-10)
at SMU 17 (4-6)
at Uconn 24 (6-9)
at UCF 26 (4-8)
vs Temple 23 (3-9)
vs. Michigan 0

Late afternoon game, no football, no peewee football, no soccer, no little league, decent weather, in-state rivalry school only 60-miles away with a big alumni base...if the Reynolds Center isn't sold out I don't think it will ever be.

Evans is by far OSU's best player and a first round NBA draft pick next year Shine is also out. Changes the entire complexion of the game. True freshman will start at point. Huge break for TU.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Sprained Ac joint in shoulder really wanted to watch the guy play

Need to burn them on their stupid full court press.

We can drive to the bucket with ease. Have to continue then dish when they help and knock down layups/threes. What in God's name is wrong with Birt?! That 3 hit near corner of square on backboard

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
7,300 official - maybe 6,000, equally divided. Tons of empty TU donor seats that are sold; even in the Bill Self era, we never had a true sellout with seats filled, just sold.

I hate this game.

7,300 official - maybe 6,000, equally divided. Tons of empty TU donor seats that are sold; even in the Bill Self era, we never had a true sellout with seats filled, just sold.

I hate this game.

Why do you hate the game? I like TU playing all the local schools and vice versa. OU and OSU on the schedule will in most years give TU two good RPI games on the schedule. TU's RPI shot up 46 points after today's game btw per realtimerpi.

Reactions: drboobay
Why do you hate the game? I like TU playing all the local schools and vice versa. OU and OSU on the schedule will in most years give TU two good RPI games on the schedule. TU's RPI shot up 46 points after today's game btw per realtimerpi.
Keep the three in states + Wichita. Lose UALR. Add Creighton back in. Big East >> Sunbelt.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
my out of conference games every year

Wichita state
OSU
Mo State
ORU
Creighton

Sometimes
OU...mostly because I think LLoyd noble is the most god awful arena I have ever set foot in.

Due to the NCAA policy issue costing us jacksonville st., I'm taking the esteemed Mr Gundy's won loss policy's and considering us 5-3.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Something really does seem to be up with Birt.

In 29 minutes yesterday, he attempted 1 three. Had a couple decent 2pt plays, but his game is predicated off knocking down threes. Until he proves he can make shots, he should not be playing so many minutes. 18-20 is more what he should see, while taking at least 3 threes imo to give him a chance to get on track.

Why would anyone want UALR? They're no interest locally so they don't help attendance, no interest nationally so they don't bring prestige, a lower conference so it always looks like a bad win or loss to the casual fan and they always beat us. What's the upside? For a team like that, we at least should be able to win most time.

I hate this game.

This was a great game!!!!

We don't have to play every year but nice every once in a while.

GO TU!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT