ADVERTISEMENT

TU football

TULSARISING

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Jun 21, 2017
If we had to choose, would you rather
TU be a bad team in the “ power conference “
Or
Be a national championship contender most years in the G5 division ?

1. Is winning the Texas league AA division equate to the royals finishing 3rd in the AL central? Not even close.

2. $40m per year is better than $7m per year.

1. Is winning the Texas league AA division equate to the royals finishing 3rd in the AL central? Not even close.

I do see that part of it as well and agree , I just know as a fan , it would sure suck getting the crap kicked out of us all of the time as well

It sure would be nice if we could afford to pay a qb , couple of wrs and a good running back or two , that might give us a shot

Also, nothing would be KEEPING us at a bottom dweller… would it be harder to compete? Sure it would, but success would be that much sweeter. We’d have the opportunity to improve with the ultimate goal still within reach.

G5 only? Well, no matter how “good” we were year in and year out, we’d still just be playing for that AA Texas league championship mentioned above… would winning it be nice? Of course it would. Something to be celebrated. But no one outside of TU in this area would really give to shats about it. For example: North Dakota State has been a perineal powerhouse in FCS, winning multiple championships over the years. However, unless one is a fan of that school, fan of a school that plays them, or lives in that region, the likelihood of someone really caring about their games in next to none.

Is good football played at the FCS level? Yes.

Do people generally care about it (besides those mentioned above)? No.

A G5 only model would be nothing more than FCS+

It will be interesting to see if TU picks up a little more local fan interest as non alum OU fans lose their affinity for Sooners teams that lose three or four regular season games and go deep in the tourney once a decade.

Home town pride might pick up a bit.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
It will be interesting to see if TU picks up a little more local fan interest as non alum OU fans lose their affinity for Sooners teams that lose three or four regular season games and go deep in the tourney once a decade.

The T-shirt fans are pretty damn loyal and fired up about the SEC. Hopeful but not optimistic.

Reactions: HuffyCane
The T-shirt fans are pretty damn loyal and fired up about the SEC. Hopeful but not optimistic.
All I can say to the fans that are optimistic, is prepare for the disappointment we've had to deal with for years. Their disappointment will be for being just in or just outside of the top 25, but the disappointment will be equal to ours for awhile. At least until their equilibrium gets adjusted in the next 8 or 10 years. Hopefully we gain a few fans in that time period. I can easily see their average ranking being around 23 over the next few years. They may even lose 5 games every 5 or 6 years.

when Houston and ou play each other this season , is it wrong to hope they both lose ?

Also , when ou and lsu play each other , I might go just for the culture experience… can you imagine all of those Joe Dirts ( ou fans ) and Farmer Frans ( lsu fans ) in one setting ?!?!

Also , when ou and lsu play each other , I might go just for the culture experience… can you imagine all of those Joe Dirts ( ou fans ) and Farmer Frans ( lsu fans ) in one setting ?!?!
I will probably go to the OU - Alabama game just to smoke a cigar in OUs stadium

I’ve already lined up my tickets. I’ve been to a game at LSU but not at night. Watching OU fans scared out of their gourds at FSU when the WarChant was going and Osceola threw down the flaming spear was Top 5 games I’ve been to. I’m not going to miss all those Cajuns drinking all day and then going crazy.

Reactions: TULSARISING
I’ve already lined up my tickets. I’ve been to a game at LSU but not at night. Watching OU fans scared out of their gourds at FSU when the WarChant was going and Osceola threw down the flaming spear was Top 5 games I’ve been to. I’m not going to miss all those Cajuns drinking all day and then going crazy.
That will be a treat of treats!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT