ADVERTISEMENT

Todd Graham Fired

the description of Tenn throwing money after money chasing Ws reminds me of a certain AAC school south of here, located in an inner suburb of Dallas
SMU is not doing it nearly to the extent Tennessee is (in both football and basketball). After Bennett, they were able to get June Jones in and then Morris. I think both were good hires for SMU and did what they were supposed to do (until Jones got tired of actually doing the job). I don't think they kept throwing good money after bad.

But Tennessee...they force Fulmer out because he couldn't beat Florida every year...never mind the 9 and 10 win seasons every single year. Bring in Lane Kiffin-DISASTER. Replace him with....Derek Dooley. Bigger disaster. Replace with Butch Jones- not a complete disaster. 3 bowl wins but not competing with Georgia and Florida in the SEC East. The obvious mistake is forcing Fulmer out with a .745 winning percentage. He did win 2 conference championships and a national championship. The biggest problem at Tennessee was Peyton Manning's inability to win a big game...and the only reason he was ever able to win a big game in the NFL is because the referees loved him and handed him several. Lesson...don't force out good coaches who do things the right way and win 3/4 of their games. Fulmer is still on 67. He was forced out in 2008 at the age of 58.

On that front...I am hoping Georgia beats Auburn this weekend and Miami beats Clemson and we have a Georgia vs Miami game in the semifinals of the CFP. I want nothing more than for Mark Richt to HAMMER Georgia. Richt is another coach who won at high levels but couldn't get over that hump of beating Florida and was forced out.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
SMU is not doing it nearly to the extent Tennessee is (in both football and basketball). After Bennett, they were able to get June Jones in and then Morris. I think both were good hires for SMU and did what they were supposed to do (until Jones got tired of actually doing the job). I don't think they kept throwing good money after bad.

But Tennessee...they force Fulmer out because he couldn't beat Florida every year...never mind the 9 and 10 win seasons every single year. Bring in Lane Kiffin-DISASTER. Replace him with....Derek Dooley. Bigger disaster. Replace with Butch Jones- not a complete disaster. 3 bowl wins but not competing with Georgia and Florida in the SEC East. The obvious mistake is forcing Fulmer out with a .745 winning percentage. He did win 2 conference championships and a national championship. The biggest problem at Tennessee was Peyton Manning's inability to win a big game...and the only reason he was ever able to win a big game in the NFL is because the referees loved him and handed him several. Lesson...don't force out good coaches who do things the right way and win 3/4 of their games. Fulmer is still on 67. He was forced out in 2008 at the age of 58.

On that front...I am hoping Georgia beats Auburn this weekend and Miami beats Clemson and we have a Georgia vs Miami game in the semifinals of the CFP. I want nothing more than for Mark Richt to HAMMER Georgia. Richt is another coach who won at high levels but couldn't get over that hump of beating Florida and was forced out.

Let’s add a TCU win to that wishlist.

Mayfield needs to learn humility if he’s going to be the Browns’ quarterback.

Hearing Tenn has offered Gundy over $8M per year. Don’t see how you turn that down. OSU won’t match that either.

Tennessee's desperate, they look like a total joke after everyone and their dog has turned them down. Sounds like they're willing to pay insane money to salvage something from this debacle.

Tennessee's desperate, they look like a total joke after everyone and their dog has turned them down. Sounds like they're willing to pay insane money to salvage something from this debacle.

8 Mil for mullet Mike!? He can never win the big games.

I read that related to a Tennessee offer Gundy was going to “mullet” over!

Sorry that was just bad.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Gundy turns down $7M a year for six years to remain at OSU. Very surprised. That’s a lot of $$$

Gundy turns down $7M a year for six years to remain at OSU. Very surprised. That’s a lot of $$$
How much does it suck to be a Vols fan today. Turned down by the Duke coach and can't even get a 2nd tier coach when you offer to make him the 3rd highest paid coach in football.

How much does it suck to be a Vols fan today. Turned down by the Duke coach and can't even get a 2nd tier coach when you offer to make him the 3rd highest paid coach in football.
I so wanted him to take that.

Will get a T. Boone raise out of this, and a little less bitchy Pickening till midway through next season.

I'm hijacking this thread for a minute.

Wouldn't it chap Stoops' ass if the year he leaves, OU wins a national championship.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
I actually think Bob would be extremely proud.
Plus winning a national championship might take some pressure off Mike Stoops...not sure why because their defense is not very good and mostly due to scheme and technique

They raise some really big chickens in Stillwater.

Only reason to turn down that kind of money at an SEC School is that you aren’t man enough for the job.

I'm hijacking this thread for a minute.

Wouldn't it chap Stoops' ass if the year he leaves, OU wins a national championship.

Why? He’s getting paid his full salary to watch football n drink beer...

Patty Gasso winning 3 Nattys chapped his ass more.

Frankly, I am loving this freakout. Kevin Sumlin was the second-winningest coach in A&M history. The Texans got mad he compiled about race. That stadium negro should know his place.

Frankly, I am loving this freakout. Kevin Sumlin was the second-winningest coach in A&M history. The Texans got mad he compiled about race. That stadium negro should know his place.

Then again, Doug Wojcik is the winningest coach in Tulsa basketball history

Reactions: chito_and_leon
Winningest in terms of # of victories. Not winning percentage.
And this is why you evaluate coaches not only on W/L record at the college level, but win percentage, achievement of goals, and graduation rates.

Remove yourself from the TU circle, how would you judge the headline "Tulsa Fires Basketballs All-Time Leader in Games Won"? Sounds like a crappy thing to do. When in fact, he is the only one who stayed around long enough to accumulate said number of wins and he scheduled cream puffs to get there.

Remove yourself from the TU circle, how would you judge the headline "Tulsa Fires Basketballs All-Time Leader in Games Won"? Sounds like a crappy thing to do.

I believe this is almost verbatim what the athletic director at college of charleston said.

ASU leaning towards Herm edwards, who's 63 and hasn't coached for almost 10 years. This feels like a Mike Riley situation where everybody other than the AD is thinking "what the heck?"

Florida St. is considering Taggert, Strong, and Fuente if Jimmybo leaves for A&M. Hmmm, aren't they all recent coaches in the AAC. Power6!!!

Last edited:
Florida is considering Taggert, Strong, and Fuente if Jimmybo leaves for A&M. Hmmm, aren't they all recent coaches in the AAC. Power6!!!
I think you mean Florida State.

After the stunt that was pulled at the call-in show on Tuesday and the widespread support for the troll, don't be surprised if Jimbo is gone period in the next day or two for cause for his conduct on the sidelines at the last home game. President Thrasher isnt one to be trifled with -- at all. If he doesnt take the A & M job by the close of business today, he may be fired. Don't be surprised if he doesn't quit or get fired that he is suspended for the make-up game to get bowl eligible while his employment is under review.

No way Strong is hired. Taggert has a really good agent, but again no way. Poop on the street in Tally is that they did the Stage 2 background check on him yesterday that all state employees must get before being hired, but I am betting that is just a diversion or a backup plan. In the past, FSU just doesnt talk with people with connections to other Florida schools. My money is on Jeremy Pruitt. He is part of the Jimbo tree, but he vastly improved an FSU defense as DC and it hasn't been the same since. He has the support of several key boosters as well and President Thrasher is a fan as well I hear.

I suspect we will know around 4pm this afternoon. The school, not the coaching staff, has already called back all the assistants who were traveling trying to recruit. That aint a good sign.

Last edited:
President Thrasher. Sounds like a badass. Make for a good rasslin' name too.
Yep, and there is only room for one bad ass on campus. When Jimbo told an FSU fan in the stands at half time to "bring your ass down here and say that to me" and it was caught on video, you knew Daddy was not going to be happy. You might be able to get away with that crap in Stillwater or Starkville, but not Tallahassee. If for no other reason than there were 25 guys standing next to the dude who were willing and able to deliver on Jimbo's invitation.

Actually, it terms of stature and intimidation potential, Stead vs. Thrasher would make a great Celebrity Deathmatch. Loved that show.

Reactions: TU Pilot
Yep, and there is only room for one bad ass on campus. When Jimbo told an FSU fan in the stands at half time to "bring your ass down here and say that to me" and it was caught on video, you knew Daddy was not going to be happy. You might be able to get away with that crap in Stillwater or Starkville, but not Tallahassee. If for no other reason than there were 25 guys standing next to the dude who were willing and able to deliver on Jimbo's invitation.

Actually, it terms of stature and intimidation potential, Stead vs. Thrasher would make a great Celebrity Deathmatch. Loved that show.

I thought football was supposed to be competitive and require competitive individuals that just sometimes get caught up in the competition of the moment... at least that’s Baker Mayfield’s excuse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT