ADVERTISEMENT

This post is the hope of USMNT vs true apathetic reality

RIP represalia

I.T.S. Freshman
Silver Member
Jul 1, 2024
This was written before I was aware that apparently the hiring of Pochettino is not even finalized… I’m leaving it bc I know the hope in this accurately represents that USMNT fans who follow players’ club form throughout the season. It seems the conditions that created the Berhalter failure of culture still persists in US Soccer. From 30,000 feet you can easily blame the woke women’s side of it, but that is enabled from the men’s side. All this can be described as is an epic failure, one more clumsy fumble of a unique opportunity.

It’ll be quite interesting to see how players respond to Pochettino. I must say, I didn’t expect we’d have a chance at him when I suggested Fer Torres shortly after Berhalter was (friggin finally ffs) sacked.

Ironically enough, what I do remember of Pochettino should’ve led me to consider his candidacy - his attitude toward the end of a season that he, against all odds, seemed to have salvaged. Not only did he salvage it, after it appeared midseason he would be fired, by the end of their penultimate match it was a foregone conclusion he’d be returning for a second season.

He won them over this time, crazy for an unreasonable chelsea fan base for whom expectations endlessly evade. Post match, in front of EPL reporters who are so fake, a week earlier an American would’ve mistaken them for mockingbird press, perhaps long lost half-sibling lovechilds of the fathers of Dana Bash, Jim Acosta & Joy Reid, he was praised.

He wasn’t just praised, these people were giddy for a gratuitous response akin to grovelling from him. Though they were trying to sound polite, it was obvious these people expected a man who so unsure of his abilities that he could only thank them & ask them if there’s anything he could do for their alphabet mafia charities over the summer.

He served the swooners with one of the most epic smack downs in history, reminding them that at the end of the season it is not just sporting directors & owners who decide the future of the club, the manager (& assistant coaches) all have a say, too. What a guy!

I’m confident he will get us competitive, even with the first dramatic setback: a crying media calling for a crying Tyler Adams to not remained scratched from Poch’s 11. I might soon set the clock on that.

As for this week, with Weah out (another likely to be scratched emotional diva) I’m finally hopeful we might see an 11 that accurately reflects what I’ve been calling for months to see: Tillman on the left, Pulisic on the right, Wright & Sargent in the middle, Cardoso & McKennie behind them. Backline of 4 that is Antonee, Trusty, Richard’s, Scally or if 5/3 Trusty, McKenzie(or Robinson/Vickers) & Richards w/ Antonee LWB & Scally(or Musah) RWB

This group can run the 4-2-3-1 if Poch still prefers or other similar forms 4-4-2, 4-1-4-1, 4-4-1-1, or, what I’d really like to see just for fun a 4-1-3-2 with Cardoso behind Pulisic, Tillman, McKennie & Wright & Sargent up front.

I’m hoping we see someone unexpected get called up, too. Tessman, Busio, Cowell, de la Fuente, Luna, maybe Downs or Maloney come to mind.

Last edited:
I knew I was forgetting someone … I mentioned Musah but I was trying to think of who might could challenge Scally at RB, Ledezma has been serviceable there for the PSV this season. Early as it is, I have yet to see any reason he doesn’t keep the job.

EDIT: Not just him but I missed perhaps the 2 most obvious of all potential call-ups: Aidan Morris & Quinn Sullivan. Morris could be a good replacement for Adams come in & backup Cardoso.

Adams has to go, either way. The laughing the joking around, putting his country so far before his club… who by the way just signed a great defender Julian Araujo. Yes you are supposed to be most loyal to your country obviously but in his case it’s a lack of professionalism & conduct detrimental ! Memphis was just booted from Majadahonda by Simeone for doing to Atleti exactly what Adams is doing to Bournemouth. I’m not AFCB fan but as an atleti fan I can tell you we hated it Memphis always being a diva never available to train even with big time UCL matches that I’d argue are equally as important as his euro 24 matches for country…. So dumb

I never understood what all the hype was surrounding Adams. He helped us in the WC, but that was more a result of having a tad bit more experience than the others. Cardoso was arguably the most exciting player January transfer of La Liga last season & as of last week he’s already now essentially been purchased by Tottenham €30m… I imagine he makes that move January or next summer.

Last edited:
Adams is a top flight defensive midfielder. I have no idea what you see in Johnny, he’s seemed overwhelmed every time I’ve seen him play.

Adams is a top flight defensive midfielder. I have no idea what you see in Johnny, he’s seemed overwhelmed every time I’ve seen him play.
Have you read any # of his posts in crossfire. Just pick one to look at. Doesn't matter which one you pick. His thinking is warped, no matter what subject he's talking about.

Have you read any # of his posts in crossfire. Just pick one to look at. Doesn't matter which one you pick. His thinking is warped, no matter what subject he's talking about.
Apparently the hiring of Poch isn’t finalized? Lol I genuinely want to come to these people’s defense but this reeks of bad information being leaked before mature enough to even be considered for leaking.

More epic failures of woke institutions.

Apparently the hiring of Poch isn’t finalized? Lol I genuinely want to come to these people’s defense but this reeks of bad information being leaked before mature enough to even be considered for leaking.

More epic failures of woke institutions.
I guarantee if the people who approved the jersey alterations for the Columbia match to include rainbow colored numbers are responsible for this, or more likely the hiring of both those & Berhalter but eagerly approved the jerseys. There is a fundamental misunderstanding of organizations of excellence.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Poch balks at the position, if he hasn’t already. He’s smart, I think he might be gone already in fact I’m predicting it. If it’s not before this game it’ll be before the World Cup.

Poch is still in negotiations with his former club regarding funds owed to him when they mutually separated. He's committed to accept the USMNT job when his dealings with the club are settled, however, he cannot officially accept the job or sign the contract before the financial issue is settled. The intent was never to have him coach this cycle even if he was available day one of the agreement. He's being given time to scout and examine the structure and workings of USA Soccer, to which I say good luck seeing through the mud.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Bro, you gotta be careful. The FBI and DHS have their DEI bots and DEI agents scouring the web for good patriots telling it like it is, you gonna end up being renditioned to Guantanemo or Georgia, the country not state, that's what they do now to real Americans like you bro! You better not post on here anymore, Yahoo tracks Patriot posts and turns it over to Obama's and and Soros's secret police force that works with the FBI to take out truth tellers like you. You post on here, next thing you know, you'll be disappeared. Don't say I didn't warn you!
My bet is a clinical disorder.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Poch balks at the position, if he hasn’t already. He’s smart, I think he might be gone already in fact I’m predicting it. If it’s not before this game it’ll be before the World Cup.

This is a microcosm for the institutional failure plaguing this country, representative of so many failures that is Obama Aftermath. This is all linked together Harvard hiring a plagiarist as their president, democrats inserting Kamala (an utterly weak candidate the worst in history, likely) the enriching of NGO’s run by grifters who do not care about trafficked children so much they hand them over to the sex traffickers themselves.

All you idiots supporting Kamala yall need to really start to think about how you’re going to ask the people yall hate to save your asses. I’m serious as all hell because that moment is fast approaching, in fact I believe it’s inevitable.
There are some odd ducks here that seem to let politics creep into everything in society. It is wild. It is with a certain group of firebrands that have done this with the Jim Birch Society and McCarthy Era since the 1950s. It probably goes even further than that, but we are constantly a house on fire while society moves forward.

Represalia finds some pernicious, Kamala, sinister things when it is just bad decision-making in general. He wants to start talking about Kamala Harris with the hiring of Mauricio Pochettino at US Soccer. Is this on Poch? Does he want too much money? Does he want to screw with the academy system beyond disbelief? Does he not want to have to do any Alexi Lalas interviews or ever see Julie Foudy on TV? That would be a minimum baseline for me.

I was just waiting to see if he would respond to Chito with an attaboy. He doesn't always see the jokes made at his expense.
I feel kind of bad responding at all because I really believe there is an issue. And I don't want to be dismissive or engage too much.. But it is hard to hold back.

There are some odd ducks here that seem to let politics creep into everything in society. It is wild. It is with a certain group of firebrands that have done this with the Jim Birch Society and McCarthy Era since the 1950s. It probably goes even further than that, but we are constantly a house on fire while society moves forward.

Represalia finds some pernicious, Kamala, sinister things when it is just bad decision-making in general. He wants to start talking about Kamala Harris with the hiring of Mauricio Pochettino at US Soccer. Is this on Poch? Does he want too much money? Does he want to screw with the academy system beyond disbelief? Does he not want to have to do any Alexi Lalas interviews or ever see Julie Foudy on TV? That would be a minimum baseline for me.
I believe he just wants the money he is owed from his Chelsea contract. Your minimums certainly aren’t unreasonable…

Reactions: TU_BLA
I feel kind of bad responding at all because I really believe there is an issue. And I don't want to be dismissive or engage too much.. But it is hard to hold back.
I really believe there is an issue too. But that doesn't excuse the views that would likely be there, regardless of the issue. Having an issue doesn't excuse a belief system. Then again if he spent years treating the problem and was a 'relatively' normal human being without the cockamamie views then I would feel bad. Which is also a possibility. I think the more viable possibility is most of the views he espouses would still be there even if he treated his mental illness, and got it under control. I just think what I thougnt was his 'permaban' should never have been lifted by chris. He clutters every board with junk. His long conversations with himself are enjoyed by no one but himself.

Yeah, I posted here before I saw the Ts series of posts on the other thread and immediately felt bad about it. That other set of posts looks like what you'd see from someone who really needs to be institutionalized.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I believe he just wants the money he is owed from his Chelsea contract. Your minimums certainly aren’t unreasonable…
Considering Chelsea wanted to move on and they negotiated a lower buyout than what was originally in the contract. But now Chelsea has been under scrutiny for their spending and I believe they are under investigation for the FFP rules in the EPL. Seems like every club is under investigation for the FFP. Chelsea certainly can buy their way out of it (something about the parent company selling off assets to other companies under their umbrella and showing a profit and income vs just a shifting of assets within the same org) but smaller clubs seem to get dinged and hit with points reductions while City gets to continue spending more than they bring in year upon year.

Anyway, back to Pochettino, once they finish the buyout negotiation, he will sign his contract for USMNT. He has a chance to make a huge mark on his legacy with this job and I think that's the challenge for him. I don't think he did a bad job at Chelsea but when the previous couple of coaches totally screwed up the locker room and roster (Tuchel was a cancer and should never be allowed to manage a team again) it was hardly an opportunity for Poch to be successful there. And Poch certainly was good at Spurs but Spurs fans and ownership is completely unrealistic when it comes to results. Top 4 in EPL should be a goal for any side, but somehow not good enough for Spurs. They weren't going to ever get past City and the $$$$$ they spend. And Liverpool; both of which had superior overall talent and 2 of the best managers on the planet right now.

Looking forward to seeing what Poch can do. I'd also expect Haji Wright and Sargent to get more looks as Poch seems to favor the big target 9s. Pulisic and Weah should absolutely thrive in his system.

Reactions: quincy101
Considering Chelsea wanted to move on and they negotiated a lower buyout than what was originally in the contract. But now Chelsea has been under scrutiny for their spending and I believe they are under investigation for the FFP rules in the EPL. Seems like every club is under investigation for the FFP. Chelsea certainly can buy their way out of it (something about the parent company selling off assets to other companies under their umbrella and showing a profit and income vs just a shifting of assets within the same org) but smaller clubs seem to get dinged and hit with points reductions while City gets to continue spending more than they bring in year upon year.

Anyway, back to Pochettino, once they finish the buyout negotiation, he will sign his contract for USMNT. He has a chance to make a huge mark on his legacy with this job and I think that's the challenge for him. I don't think he did a bad job at Chelsea but when the previous couple of coaches totally screwed up the locker room and roster (Tuchel was a cancer and should never be allowed to manage a team again) it was hardly an opportunity for Poch to be successful there. And Poch certainly was good at Spurs but Spurs fans and ownership is completely unrealistic when it comes to results. Top 4 in EPL should be a goal for any side, but somehow not good enough for Spurs. They weren't going to ever get past City and the $$$$$ they spend. And Liverpool; both of which had superior overall talent and 2 of the best managers on the planet right now.

Looking forward to seeing what Poch can do. I'd also expect Haji Wright and Sargent to get more looks as Poch seems to favor the big target 9s. Pulisic and Weah should absolutely thrive in his system.
Chelsea's American ownership is trying to do some Moneyball stuff, throwing darts at the wall and hoping one in 100 works out by spending less. They hope to find a diamond in the rough for cheap sustainability, using those sustainability words while raising ticket prices, claiming to care about all their fans, and pushing to have half their games in Dubai. There are a bunch of memes out there about how Chelsea's cafe has 500 people in during lunchtime. Good luck, boys! Cole Palmer isn't everywhere. I wonder if Ponch fought it.

Thanks for spelling it out in detail, I absolutely agree… Looking forward to the expected progress over the next couple of years.

So this Poch chap is the one who was hired, right?
Yes, Mauricio Pochettino. He's coached a lot of top clubs in Europe including Chelsea and Tottenham (made a Champions League finals appearance with Spurs). He's a good manager when he has the right players. I feel like his style fits the current projected roster although we may see tweaks at the 9 as Poch seems to like a bigger, more physical 9 (see Harry Kane) so we might see more of Sargent or Haji Wright or maybe even Jorden Pefok finds himself back in the mix. I still see Balogun in the mix but more of a complement to the big 9, sort of like you saw with Son at Spurs when Kane was still there.

Unlike Klinsmann and Berhalter, I think Poch will also be more willing to adapt his style to the best players the US can run out there instead of trying to fit round pegs in square holes. And it seems after last night's game vs New Zealand that Pulisic is already tasking Poch with setting a tone and helping develop a culture surrounding US soccer. Which also tells me Pulisic doesn't have a strong enough personality to be the leader in the locker room.

Yes, Mauricio Pochettino. He's coached a lot of top clubs in Europe including Chelsea and Tottenham (made a Champions League finals appearance with Spurs). He's a good manager when he has the right players. I feel like his style fits the current projected roster although we may see tweaks at the 9 as Poch seems to like a bigger, more physical 9 (see Harry Kane) so we might see more of Sargent or Haji Wright or maybe even Jorden Pefok finds himself back in the mix. I still see Balogun in the mix but more of a complement to the big 9, sort of like you saw with Son at Spurs when Kane was still there.

Unlike Klinsmann and Berhalter, I think Poch will also be more willing to adapt his style to the best players the US can run out there instead of trying to fit round pegs in square holes. And it seems after last night's game vs New Zealand that Pulisic is already tasking Poch with setting a tone and helping develop a culture surrounding US soccer. Which also tells me Pulisic doesn't have a strong enough personality to be the leader in the locker room.
Italian sounding Argentinian. Like the pope.

Italian sounding Argentinian. Like the pope.
Yeah...my son asked me why all the Argentinian players had Italian sounding names (i.e. Messi) and I had to explain to him many of the Fascist military leaders from WWII Italy fled to South American countries after the war rather than face possible war crimes charges and certain execution in their home countries. Many Italians fled to Argentina since there wasn't an extradition agreement there. Same with many higher up Nazi officers and leaders fleeing Germany for Brazil and other South American countries. I remember back in the 80s they found a skeleton in a shallow grave in South America and they were pretty sure it was that of Josef Mengele who had been dubbed the "Angel of Death" for his role in the Nazi death camps. Then there was the long speculation (rumors) that Hitler had actually escaped Germany and was living in South America.

I was camping when the US played Canada and NZ so I just watched the games yesterday. I hate to see Pulisic on the field with this cast of characters, it’s just an invitation to injury. If we ever see Johnny on the field in a game that counts I will start calling for the heads of the coaching staff, that guy is pitiful. The guy with the fuzzy hair against NZ is just as bad. I don’t know why but I like Haji Wright and Pepi is looking better.

I was camping when the US played Canada and NZ so I just watched the games yesterday. I hate to see Pulisic on the field with this cast of characters, it’s just an invitation to injury. If we ever see Johnny on the field in a game that counts I will start calling for the heads of the coaching staff, that guy is pitiful. The guy with the fuzzy hair against NZ is just as bad. I don’t know why but I like Haji Wright and Pepi is looking better.
Pulisic was good for AC Milan today. Actually, Busio was pretty good for Venezia despite them sucking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT