ADVERTISEMENT

The Shame

I think we're going to start a service where we can be rented if one has a disagreement with someone, anyone and needs back-up in settling the arguments, differences, etc. We basically arrive at the scene and war chant your point of view until the other person accepts defeat.

LOL, who let the drunk guy post late last night? Sorry peeps, had a little attitude in my beers last night :)
This post was edited on 12/7 3:03 PM by Li'l Eric Coley

Can I hire the Shame to play "Go Home Dougie" war chant?
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by Gold*:
Can I hire the Shame to play "Go Home Dougie" war chant?

Posted from wireless.rivals.com
Was going to post something similar. Since Gold beat me to the fire Woj chant, how bout The Shame accompanying me to a bar and chanting what a great dood I am to all the hot chicks?

I'd pay for a song about how fast food is bad if played near the Voice's office.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

I'm really surprised that The Shame has not yet been signed to a big concert in Branson. That would get some of those old people moving through the buffet lines faster.

I really liked Midtown Catassthropy. It's another fine example of music by The Shame. That said, it doesn't rise to the full genius of Sam's Army which for me, at least, is the magnum opus of the group. Still one feels drawn to the Midtown experience which is at the core of most of the audience and performers. While there is no crowd video as there was with earlier examples of The Shame's artistry, it takes little imagination to visualize the charged atmosphere. The Shame continues to excel at their unique style of music. A must see for Tulsa Audiences.
This post was edited on 12/7 2:47 PM by TUMe

Listened to both on headphones at my desk. I then threw my chair out the window and punched the lady at the next desk over. Was a pretty righteous 8 minutes.

LEC...

Has voice contacted you about The Shame playing for some half-time entertainment at the men's bball games or the ORU graduation dance in the spring!!!

LOL, you guys are purty fuh-knee. "Go Home Dougie" sounds like a good song title, actually. And props to Me for busting out a "magnum opus".

Here's a slower one and our newest one that hasn't been played live as of yet.

THE PLAN ~

the boys are out, back on the town
we're the ones you've always known
the local pub's our holy ground
it's the place we call our own
our shelter in these troubled times
it's our home away from home
so, lay your bull:crap: at the door
where you'll never be alone

so, shine your boots and`on your feet!
down the pub to have a drink!
we'll rule the world right where we stand!
and that's the plan!

Get the boys and hit the road
a couple pints and here we go!
and that's the plan!

another loss, away from home
a wasted Saturday
stranded outside in the rain
all lost and nothing gained
we stood before an open net
and could not put it away
so another round of whiskey, boys
is the order of the day...

so, shine your boots and`on your feet!
down the pub to have a drink!
and that's the plan!

Get the boys and hit the road
a couple pints and here we go!
and that's the plan!

The Plan

Like the new song. When are we going to have the opportunity to hear it live?

Not sure yet. We'll probably get a show or two lined up for Jan/Feb with an OKC show in March

I'm really proud of you guys in your solid pursuit of feeling the magic and dreams by recording. And, BTW, it appears to be going fantastic. I was very surprised at your three intro's to date, kind of blown away actually, as a dude that knew the earlier punk music.

Punk influence brought Ska. Will you ever go 'there' by style?

Where are you mastering at? Locally?

thanks aztec, appreciate the good words. Obviously, you don't have to be trained in classical to play this stuff, but someone who's very talented would not fit in with us. We were brought up in the mid-80s on Oklahoma hardcore punk where N.O.T.A. was God. So we're just trying (in our older age) to bring Oi music to the people who've never heard it or the people that are craving a good American Oi band. There really aren't many. All the American Oi we hear/see on youtube kinda sucks if you ask us. So you probably won't see us leaning toward ska.

We recorded at Valcour way out in south Broken Arrow, which is owned by Hank Charles. He's pretty damn good at what he does and we're very happy with the way it sounds. Crooked X recorded there before they were signed by Capital. He told us some good stories about why they missed their window of opportunity.

Anyhoo, we're just shopping around for a label right now. We've got one in California we can use, but we'd like to see if any Oi/Punk labels might be interested before we "settle". Hopefully we can get 1,000 copies pressed free and the label can take the majority of iTunes downloads coin.

I went to Best Buy looking for The Shame's first annual Christmas CD...

I asked the store clerk, "Do you have The Shame's first annual Christmas CD"?

The store clerk said, "The Who"?

And I said, "No, not The Who, The Shame"!!!

Merry Christmas!!!

"A little levity is good for the heart!"

The Who is actually one of my five favorite bands of all-time. John Entwistle ... one of the three or four best bass players in history. If anyone can argue against that, I'd like to see their list.

Originally posted by Li'l Eric Coley:
Crooked X recorded there before they were signed by Capital. He told us some good stories about why they missed their window of opportunity.
We'll have to chat about that sometime...I'd be interested to hear those stories and see how they match up with reality. The Crooked X lead singer was Forrest French, who is my nephew. At their peak, they opened for KISS in front of a packed house in Olympic Stadium in Sweden, and then it came crumbling down for many, many reasons. My nephew got out just as it was imploding (and after an absurd negotiation of a separation agreement.) I could go on for hours.

Originally posted by DreDogg:
In no order
Geddy Lee
Flea
Les Claypool

Can't argue with this... But here is mine.

Victor Wooten (The very best, IMO)
Flea
John Paul Jones

Originally posted by tufan56:

In no order
Geddy Lee
Flea
Les Claypool

Flea
John Paul Jones
John Paul Jones is sometimes over looked but Zeppelin flat out doesn't work w/o him.

I knew Flea would be on everyone's list and I think he deserves to be in everyone's Top 5 without question. I saw him play for six bucks at Cain's 1987 before Haleil died (probably told that story before). But as classicly (sp?) trained as Flea is, he's also the Chester McGlockton of bass playing. The dude can be the best when he wants to be. But I think RHCP sleeps walk through alot of stuff in their old age. JMO. Granted, I think their arrangements and music in general are the closest thing to The Beatles in modern day, but ... Argue away.

Chris, we'll have to get a beer some time after work to discuss Crooked X. We're trying to put together a Dallas/Austin weekend swing in late spring. While we're shopping for a label, I've already ordered stickers and ordering koozies next week. So a Shame "package" of studio-recorded burn, T-shirt, koozie, and three stickers might only cost you $30. What a deal !!!

Originally posted by el duran:
Originally posted by tufan56:

In no order
Geddy Lee
Flea
Les Claypool

Flea
John Paul Jones
John Paul Jones is sometimes over looked but Zeppelin flat out doesn't work w/o him.

Totally agree. JPJ did so many things that a lot of LZ fans probably dont even realize (keys, mandolin, etc...), in addition to being an amazing bass player for the best rock group of all time. He is just as important as Page, Plant, and Bonham for sure.

Originally posted by Li'l Eric Coley:
The Who is actually one of my five favorite bands of all-time. John Entwistle ... one of the three or four best bass players in history. If anyone can argue against that, I'd like to see their list.

Deacon John

Cases for Entwistle being the best:

Bass solo on 1965's "My Generation." Possibly the first electric bass solo?

Inverted bass lead on "Sparks." About midway through the song Townsend switched to rhythm on his guitar and Entwistle took the lead on the bass. Very cool.

Oh and this:
JohnEntwhistleSkeletonSuit.jpg

I'm no music expert, but The Roots used to have a Bass player that was out of this world. His name was Leonard Hubbard. I had never heard a Bass solo like I heard him give in concert, on two different occasions.

Can anyone back me up on this one? He left the band a few years back.

Originally posted by oruvoice:
I'm no music expert, but The Roots used to have a Bass player that was out of this world. His name was Leonard Hubbard. I had never heard a Bass solo like I heard him give in concert, on two different occasions.

Can anyone back me up on this one? He left the band a few years back.

I saw The Roots at D-Fest a couple years back, and I do recall that their bassist was very good (as The Roots as a whole were, they put on a great show), but I am pretty sure that was Owen Biddle, not Leonard Hubbard.

I don't know when Hubbard left the Roots, but I saw them at Cain's several years back and just before that im Memphis at the Beale St. Music Festival. Fairly certain it was Hubbard, at that time.

Either way, the Bass solo was unlike anything I had ever heard. However, I'm not into hard rock, so I haven't heard any of the others referred to in this thread.

Hey LEC...your shirts are ready! Come and get them before we charge you a warehousing fee!

Didn't know that. Going to have to steal a 'Shame' koozie, when they arrive!

We ordered 250 of 'em, and I don't plan on counting them all. The t-shirts however, I will count.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT