ADVERTISEMENT

The Police State doesnt like you warning other drivers about checkpoints

noble cane

I.T.S. University President
Feb 25, 2002
Ohio Driver cited for displaying a sign warning drivers about a checkpoint...

I've been given a warning before for flashing my lights to warn oncoming drivers..

The last checkpoint I encountered at the route 66 / HWY 177 intersection had over 200 officers working it...I think it would be much more efficient to hunt drunks outside a bar.. and meth heads at the chemical supply source.. rather than detaining the motoring public under the guise of a "safety check"... friggin NAZI's

Papers Please....

This is another example of intrusive govt IMO. Its not the duty of a cop to presuppose that you are signalling another driver to slow him down (so the police can't catch him doing something he shouldn't). How does the police know you are signalling him and him only? Perhaps you were testing your lights or you felt obligated to "tell" another motorist he shouldn't be going so fast - the deed of a good citizen.

Officers are sworn to enforce the law, not interpret collaboration to break it. There are thousands of instances where the police are simply wrong, but aren't held accountable for their "wrongness". As I've said before, if we aren't careful a policeman can just become a thug with a gun. Don't get me wrong, I respect the police, but there should also be respect for the rights of the folks out there that pay their salaries and handsome retirements. IMO

Originally posted by noble cane:
Ohio Driver cited for displaying a sign warning drivers about a checkpoint...

I've been given a warning before for flashing my lights to warn oncoming drivers..

The last checkpoint I encountered at the route 66 / HWY 177 intersection had over 200 officers working it...I think it would be much more efficient to hunt drunks outside a bar.. and meth heads at the chemical supply source.. rather than detaining the motoring public under the guise of a "safety check"... friggin NAZI's

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT