ADVERTISEMENT

The PAC is Back

Memphis and Tulane are shoe ins for the ACC the next round. They would not be interested.

Tulsa would be stupid not to at least try to get in

Unofficial reports are saying that the Air Force is moving to the American. I am sure if the PAC12 comes calling to the American it will try to pull 4 teams to get them to 10. If they do I believe the top 4 are

Memphis
Tulane
South Florida
North Texas or UTSA (market reasons)

I feel Tulsa would fall behind Charlotte and UAB in the pecking order. We haven’t been relevant in a while. We are the only school in Oklahoma that could get them into that market but figure Texas and San Antonio would look better to them

Apparently we sent an application to the PAC-12 back in July 2023. They weren’t hiring at the time but promised to keep our request on file.

PAC-12 might be trying to rebuild, but without 1 big name draw they still have very little to offer come contract time.

Unless they invite schools that are relatively close to us that aren't garbage (historically and showing commitment in the modern era) we shouldn't be interested. I'm not saying anyone is interested in us, including our current conference, but you never know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT