ADVERTISEMENT

The Lebby on the sidelines thing

It's a stupid issue. It's probably less of an issue today as opposed to when the rule was enacted because of all the current tech and different camera angles available. PLUS, don't OU fans realize that if Briles and Baylor were really trying to steal signals that they would probably just call Monty and his staff? I hope Baylor puts up 70 on OU when they play.

Reactions: jerandlaur
I saw there was pending NCAA legislation to get rid of the rule. I guess it's no an election year and the derplahomans can't afford cable to watch the presidential debates/ celebrity apprentice.

Montgomery took the high road on this and I'm glad he did. I'm really curious to hear what stoops reply was to the appology.

Last edited:
All schools are allowed to send reps/coaches 2 scout future opponents. The usual formal task is 2 contact the school U are scouting & they usually set u up somewhere in the press box area, not on the sidelines. I know OU had a rep scouting TU @ the Fl Atlantic game. So, u could assume OU probably also sent a rep to scout TU @ the New Mexico game too.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
It's a non-issue, really. I haven't seen anyone officially speak on behalf of Stoops or OU athletics making it a big deal. It's media blowhards, like Dean Blevins, who know OU is going to get run in Waco and maybe give up 60 points.

The only person mentioning this is Stoops. Who cares.

Jake Trotter, too. And Thayer Evans. And prolly Deano.

This is such a non issue.. But, it will be used as a bargaining chip in the negotiations for any future TU/OU series games and become the Gooners' "Keith Burns moment"...

Exactly. OU fan is ignoring the fact that had they called the PI on Lucas in the endzone early, not called the PI against Key late, and not given us an absolutely terrible spot on our 4th down attempt (awful spots all day), the game could be completely different. Use our officials or NO GAME.

First thing the TU AD needs to address when negotiating a new deal is using the visiting team's conference officials to call the game.

Bingo! This is one of the hidden advantages that allows the P5 to keep their power. That corrupt geezer Frank Broyles was a pioneer in "contract advantage". IMO

Reactions: jerandlaur
Actually Stoops has just referred it to the Big 12 conference. Nothing else I've seen where he thinks it's a big deal. Some other Sooner sites are posting pictures of Jeff Libby's wife with a recording device. Speculation on recording the OU signals. I'm just passing it on. I don't think it's that big of deal either, but it is against the rules................

Actually Stoops has just referred it to the Big 12 conference. Nothing else I've seen where he thinks it's a big deal. Some other Sooner sites are posting pictures of Jeff Libby's wife with a recording device. Speculation on recording the OU signals. I'm just passing it on. I don't think it's that big of deal either, but it is against the rules................

Wouldn't Jeff Lebby's wife be Art Briles' daughter??? Do we really think Briles would have his daughter cheat for him?

Would seem to me, if they wanted to help Baylor cheat, it would be a much better idea to get a free ticket from the staff. They could get it in a prime place with a good view of the signals. You would be less visible amongst the thousands of fans. Being on the sidelines would seem like the stupidest move out there for not being seen.

Just came down that Baylor has self-imposed a suspension for Lebby which will be the 1st half of their game against OU on Nov. 14. The Big XII has accepted this as enough. Now they'll wait for the NCAA which will probably follow suit. I am guessing TU will not face any sanction on this except a reprimand.

Honestly,, this is merely OU trying to deflect attention from their shoddy defense that gave up 600 yds to Tulsa...

Like the Nurse trying to give your kid a vaccination,,, See the silly monkey... see the silly monkey.. don't pay attention to the needle in my other hand .. just look at the silly monkey

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT