ADVERTISEMENT

The good news about Obamacare

Can only speak to my experience with my business and my health insurance costs have almost doubled since Obamacare was out into place. Like the idea but hate the result as well as the lies which Obama told us about being able to keep our existing plans.

Obamacare signed up 8,000,000 people last year. 5,000,000 already had their own insurance.

So of the 45,000,000 uninsured, we signed up 3,000,000 people.
Most of those get a subsidy so the TAXPAYERS paid most of their premium.

What happened to the other 42,000,000 uninsured?

I would imagine the other 42,000,000 just go to the emergency room. Same as they did before Obama Care.

I'm not sure this has anything specifically to do with Obamacare or is just an example of the mess that is health care insurance currently in this country. An employee of mine went St. Francis recently for surgery. She was diligent is verifying that the hospital, surgeon and anesthesia group was in her network. She has the surgery then a few weeks later gets a huge bill from the anesthesiologist. Turns out that the while the group is in network the anesthesiologist who was on call that day was out of network and thus was not covered.

My father-in-law had a similiar experience. He had cataract surgery done in a clinic in Texarkansas which was in network. He had some issues and went to the same clinic but this one was in Paris, Texas (same name, same ownership, same affilitation, same sign out front, different location). Turns out that the Paris location was out of network and not covered.

I had that happen to me. I used an in-network doctor, and an in-network hospital; but the anesthesiologist was not considered in-network.

When they billed me for the extra, I told them that I did not pick them and that I would only pay them what my Insurance would have paid an in-network anesthesiologist. They agreed.

And now the bad news.

The US debt unfunded liabilities amount to 128 trillion dollars. And the entire worth of the nation is less than 100 trillion.

This post was edited on 9/8 10:03 PM by rabidTU

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT