ADVERTISEMENT

Texas

27-7... Against the 2nd worst team in the Big 10, I say it will come down to OU and OSU

Hope Monty is watching what Maryland does with their dual threat QB. This is what I expected our game plan to look like Thursday night.

Reactions: TUGrad06
Hope Monty is watching what Maryland does with their dual threat QB. This is what I expected our game plan to look like Thursday night.
I agree , we seemed to try and run it though when they had the box stacked

If Texas is like this next year, you'll kick the :crap: out of them. President is really underrated at QB so you'll destroy them.

Also worthy of note: Baylor lost to FCS Liberty by a field goal. The line had them 37 point favorites!

Also worthy of note: Baylor lost to FCS Liberty by a field goal. The line had them 37 point favorites!

Wow. If you put $100 on Howard to win in Vegas, it paid $55,000. Howard was a 45 point dog. You know some fun loving folks laid it on that bet and went to the game hoping for a miracle show by Cam's younger freshman QB brother.

Never understood why Rhule took that job considering everything that's going on there.

I don't understand why they took him, either. No connections in that part of the country, where connections are everything. He should have stuck it out on east coast. Plenty of schools there need a good coach.

I honestly enjoyed this game and have to admit it sat down hoping to be amused by whatever the folks in Waco had to offer. Liberty is not a bad team and has some weapons. Though not the best football from either side it remained entertaining throughout.

Reactions: HuffyCane
As soon as he fails in his first 2 years the Bears will be looking to the NE for a new coach....

How can a team with that much money and prestige not get 5 star players to fill their ranks? What kid in Texas wouldn't want to suit up and play out there in front of 90k fans and be gods on campus? I can understand TU having a couple lean years once a decade, but a powerhouse like Texas shouldn't struggle this long with their resources and football appeal to recruits.

I honestly enjoyed this game and have to admit it sat down hoping to be amused by whatever the folks in Waco had to offer. Liberty is not a bad team and has some weapons. Though not the best football from either side it remained entertaining throughout.
Liberty is in year 1 of their transition to FBS. Turner Gill is an excellent coach. He got a bad deal in Kansas. Anyone who watched that game knows that Liberty had the best QB on the field. Texas wishes they had someone like Calvert to sling it around to the big lanky, rangy WRs they have. Half of the FBS schools in the country wished they had a QB like Calvert. That kid is the real deal and will play on Sundays. Every throw in the book.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT