ADVERTISEMENT

Supreme Court strikes down Texas abortion restrictions

Conservative or not, agree with abortion or not, Roe vs. Wade will NEVER be overturned. SCOTUS, even when more conservative, has kept with this. SCOTUS also rarely overturns previous SCOTUS decisions and rulings. You could empanel 9 Scalia's and it would likely not get overturned. Honestly, no one thinks using abortion as a means of birth control is a good thing, not even the individuals who have made that decision for themselves. And do not equate the terms LIFE and CHOICE. Even individuals who are pro-choice are not pro-abortion. They've made the decision that no one has the right to infringe upon individual choices. In the end, none of us will be asked to sit in judgement of anyone who has felt they needed to make that choice. That is reserved for God and God alone.

In the end, have compassion and empathy for individuals. While none of us here may never be in the position to have to make that decision, others do and they struggle with it and they have to live with it for the remainder of their lives.

On that, we need to demand our Oklahoma legislature just leaves this issue alone. No matter how you try to reword the same bill over and over, it will ultimately be ruled un-Constitutional. Don't waste millions of dollars defending legislation that will end up the same as all the others that end up before SCOTUS, especially when public education in this state is struggling to make ends meet.

Reactions: WATU2
Conservative or not, agree with abortion or not, Roe vs. Wade will NEVER be overturned. SCOTUS, even when more conservative, has kept with this. SCOTUS also rarely overturns previous SCOTUS decisions and rulings. You could empanel 9 Scalia's and it would likely not get overturned.

I'd agree with that.

Besides it cuts down on the population problem. ;0) Couldn't resist...
Yes, I am a population hawk. I really do believe it is the biggest problem facing man and the other issues are unquestionably effected by it.

However, a million here or there isn't going to solve it.

Yes, I am a population hawk. I really do believe it is the biggest problem facing man and the other issues are unquestionably effected by it?

So what are the best books/info sources on the subject that you would recommend. Serious topic.

So what are the best books/info sources on the subject that you would recommend. Serious topic.
Typical liberal response that there is always something we can do. This is a problem that has been around for most of my adult life. There have been tons written about it.

Here is one source that addresses not just population, but the history and future of the human race. It's quite popular reading.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_2_7?url=search-alias=stripbooks&field-keywords=sapiens&sprefix=sapiens,aps,175

I am pro choice because no one should be forced to have a child they don't want, as stated above. The population impact on the world is small.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT