ADVERTISEMENT

Stitt's Canoo rows down to Texas

TulsaRulzOSUdrools

I.T.S. Junior
May 1, 2007
I have so many thoughts about this.

1. I applaud our governor for trying to get a big deal done for our state. Ra-Ra shish goomba

2. This is such a dark mark on Oklahoma and Stitt's leadership. It says so much about our state. We bent over backwards for these guys, but they wouldn't stick their HQ here. It is probably because they can't get the talent here because of people like Ryan Walters and other ignoranuses.

3. For a small company trying to make it in manufacturing, trying to run this thing through a far-flung HQ. That is a total nightmare. You don't run these kinds of things through Zoom. This guy is a moron, plain and simple. I believe that in my heart of heart. He will get on chats and tear into people and bitch about P&Ls with no experience or knowledge or feel for what is going on. The board of directors signs off on this stuff because it is the cushiest job in America. The way the stock market is structured now, index funds own so much of them that they don't even challenge these guys' leadership and pay. It is nuts.

I’m sure the fact that Canoo’s CEO lives there had zero to do with the decision nor did the zero state income tax. Oklahoma had no shot here.

They were never planning to put the HQ here.

Originally it was Bentonville.

All in all they did let us down in many ways.

They were never planning to put the HQ here.

Originally it was Bentonville.

All in all they did let us down in many ways.
A little self reflection onto why.

No matter how much money we keep tossing these corporations way we keep losing. It is time to start asking why.

A little self reflection onto why.

No matter how much money we keep tossing these corporations way we keep losing. It is time to start asking why.
When it comes to professional jobs it is driven largely by our relatively low percentage of college grads.

When it comes to professional jobs it is driven largely by our relatively low percentage of college grads.
We’ve also been outbid several times and the local ties and no state income tax this time didn’t help our cause. Oklahoma does now have an agency whose task is to attract new business to the state. We are trying. The low percentage of college grads isn’t a problem which is going to be fixed anytime soon.

We’ve also been outbid several times and the local ties and no state income tax this time didn’t help our cause. Oklahoma does now have an agency whose task is to attract new business to the state. We are trying. The low percentage of college grads isn’t a problem which is going to be fixed anytime soon.
We do better with manufacturing because of the nature of our workforce nowadays.

Corporate jobs will likely need to be home grown.

Reactions: lawpoke87
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT