ADVERTISEMENT

Starting QB Thread

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
PFF
https://www.pff.com/news/college-pff-rankings-starting-quarterback-rankings-for-2019

A couple noteworthy things from PFF in this list:
1) They assume Zach Smith is the starter here
2) He's ranked higher than 7 of our opponents.
3) D'eriq King is #4 and the highest rated QB we play.
4) Mason Fine is #5 on the list so the local media is having a field day with the subtle not-stated bashing of why TU didn't recruit him

4) Mason Fine is #5 on the list so the local media is having a field day with the subtle not-stated bashing of why TU didn't recruit him

This has been going on for a while now... it’s annoying and even our new “beat writer” has a crush on him.

I don’t have anything against the kid. I just find the subtle jabs at TU annoying.
Exactly. And we've had this conversation ad nauseam the last 3 seasons. It's like we're supposed to recruit EVERY kid in Oklahoma if they have any success in HS even though coaches make a determination the kid isn't the right fit. Sometimes coaches screw recruiting up. I always go back to when Bob Stoops met Garret Mills' mom at one of the award presentations in NYC (Draddy maybe?) and told her that OU really missed the boat on not recruiting Garret and her response was something to the effect of 'everything turned out for the best'. Caleb Greene is another one but more glaring.

Exactly. And we've had this conversation ad nauseam the last 3 seasons. It's like we're supposed to recruit EVERY kid in Oklahoma if they have any success in HS even though coaches make a determination the kid isn't the right fit. Sometimes coaches screw recruiting up. I always go back to when Bob Stoops met Garret Mills' mom at one of the award presentations in NYC (Draddy maybe?) and told her that OU really missed the boat on not recruiting Garret and her response was something to the effect of 'everything turned out for the best'. Caleb Greene is another one but more glaring.
Big time on the Caleb Green snafu

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT