ADVERTISEMENT

Spiro safety McKinley Whitfield re-commits to Tulsa -- story linked

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
Spiro (Okla.) safety McKinley Whitfield originally committed to Tulsa in early November but changed his mind when Bill Blankenship was fired. Now, he's had another change of heart.

MORE INFO:
premium.gif
Whitfield recommits to Tulsa
https://tulsa.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1115&CID=1719233

Wow that video and article were pretty impressive. I'm not familiar with that site so I don't know how credible they are, but they think he is second coming. He looked like a man amongst boys. Big kid. I'm excited about TU football more now than I've been in the last 2 years.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Wow that video and article were pretty impressive. I'm not familiar with that site so I don't know how credible they are, but they think he is second coming. He looked like a man amongst boys. Big kid. I'm excited about TU football more now than I've been in the last 2 years.

What I like the most from those highlights were not his tackling, hitting or catching, but his ability to find the ball while covering the reciever. I think he is way undervalued right now. Which is awesome for us.

If I remember correctly he is a legit 3* and was one of the higher rates kids in BBs verbal commits. The Dex McCoil comparison is as good as I can come up with, might be a tad faster than Dex, but has the similar frame and nose for the ball.

Whitfield has the nose for the ball. He knows where its going before its snapped most of the time. He's a big kid and got some quick's. Even better he has good hands for returning balls. He is a standout among his peers. He looks like he should have been rated 3* but is underrated due to the level of competition. Suspect given better competition he would be rated higher. Since he comes from a small town he's very much under the radar of most larger colleges. That's good for Tulsa.

This post was edited on 12/28 4:11 AM by TulsaEye

We have to be worried that OU comes in at the last minute. Hope Monty can hold onto him.

Hopefully he's not watching OU get hammered right now because it's apparent they need a ton of help in defense in the back end. Or maybe it's good because OU is tanking and it's not going to get any better. People & Spencer Tillman are questioning whether or not Stoops should be back. OUs secondary is just terrible.

Bob Stoops goes to the NFL.

Under Stoops, OU rarely plays well one they are out of the national championship race.

Originally posted by aTUfan:
Bob Stoops goes to the NFL.

Under Stoops, OU rarely plays well one they are out of the national championship race.
Yeah they sucked out loud gainst bama in that bowl game when they weren't in the national championship picture.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT