ADVERTISEMENT

Some good news from around the world

Watu3

I.T.S. Senior
Nov 17, 2017
How about some good news?
-China has closed down its last coronavirus hospital. Not enough new cases to support them.
- Doctors in India have been successful in treating Coronavirus. Combination of drugs used: Lopinavir, Retonovir, Oseltamivir along with Chlorphenamine. They are going to suggest the same medicine, globally.
- Researchers of the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody against coronavirus. - A 103-year-old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.
- Apple reopens all 42 China stores,
- Cleveland Clinic developed a COVID-19 test that gives results in hours, not days.
- Good news from South Korea, where the number of new cases is declining.
- Italy is hit hard, experts say, only because they have the oldest population in Europe.
- Scientists in Israel likely to announce the development of a coronavirus vaccine.
- 3 Maryland coronavirus patients fully recovered; able to return to everyday life.
- A network of Canadian scientists are making excellent progress in Covid-19 research.
- A San Diego biotech company is developing a Covid-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and National University of Singapore.
- Tulsa County's first positive COVID-19 case has recovered. This individual has had two negative tests, which is the indicator of recovery.
- All 7 patients who were getting treated for at Safdarjung hospital in New Delhi have recovered.
- Plasma from newly recovered patients from Covid -19 can treat others infected by Covid-19.
So it's not all bad news. Let's care for each other and stay focused on safety of those most vulnerable.

How about some good news?
-China has closed down its last coronavirus hospital. Not enough new cases to support them.
- Doctors in India have been successful in treating Coronavirus. Combination of drugs used: Lopinavir, Retonovir, Oseltamivir along with Chlorphenamine. They are going to suggest the same medicine, globally.
- Researchers of the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody against coronavirus. - A 103-year-old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.
- Apple reopens all 42 China stores,
- Cleveland Clinic developed a COVID-19 test that gives results in hours, not days.
- Good news from South Korea, where the number of new cases is declining.
- Italy is hit hard, experts say, only because they have the oldest population in Europe.
- Scientists in Israel likely to announce the development of a coronavirus vaccine.
- 3 Maryland coronavirus patients fully recovered; able to return to everyday life.
- A network of Canadian scientists are making excellent progress in Covid-19 research.
- A San Diego biotech company is developing a Covid-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and National University of Singapore.
- Tulsa County's first positive COVID-19 case has recovered. This individual has had two negative tests, which is the indicator of recovery.
- All 7 patients who were getting treated for at Safdarjung hospital in New Delhi have recovered.
- Plasma from newly recovered patients from Covid -19 can treat others infected by Covid-19.
So it's not all bad news. Let's care for each other and stay focused on safety of those most vulnerable.
Good stuff

Don’t forget the biggest news yet. Small studies that hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) along with azithromycin show a 100% cure rate in six days. This cocktail can be used as a prophylactic as well.

These drugs are being made available immediately under the new compassion rule. Gamechanger.

Praying the early news on the drug coming from overseas is true. Turning this monster into basically the swine flu would be a huge step.

It is looking like there are several drugs that are highly effective. In order to maximize the distribution to keep up with the numbers, I hope an ‘all of the above‘ approach is taken.

Reactions: TUMe
Agree. The malaria drug’s patent should have expired. Would think any company could manufacture the generic form.

my wife is glued to cnn. Never thought I would see the day that the ads were more accurate and truthful than the program.

Don’t forget the biggest news yet. Small studies that hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) along with azithromycin show a 100% cure rate in six days. This cocktail can be used as a prophylactic as well.

These drugs are being made available immediately under the new compassion rule. Gamechanger.
Great if true. But I thought azithromyocin was an antibiotic? If so, hard to see how it would really help much. But good news if it somehow does.

Yeah the azithrimicin is meant for the pneumonia that often comes along with the virus

Now, don’t everybody get too upset when the prices of these drugs rise for a bit. Raising the prices will help some of these manufacturers scale quickly and meet the crazy demand there’s going to be

When you say compassion rule, are you referring to experimental drugs/combinations of drugs being prescribed to patients?

Yeah the azithrimicin is meant for the pneumonia that often comes along with the virus
Not exactly. The studies are showing that hydroxychloroquine by itself is effective for the virus at about 70%. The addition of the azithromycin bumps that up into the 90+% range. Incidentally, azithromycin is also used in the protocol against the Ebola virus. I know it seems counterintuitive that an antibiotic would be effective against a virus, my suspicion is that it has something to do with helping break down the proteins in the wall of the virus, but that is definitely my very undereducated guess.

I don’t expect that this cocktail will continue to prove effective at the very high numbers we have been seeing. There have been studies that have shown some genetic predisposition to resistance in some people. But still the numbers are impressive.

One other thing. I have been reading about people fretting over the eye problems caused by taking hydroxychloroquine. This is my specialty. Taking 600 mg for seven or 10 days should not cause problems for the overwhelming majority of patients. And what problems might be created are generally reversible once the drug is discontinued. It is those people taking hydroxychloroquine on a continuing basis for chronic conditions like rheumatoid arthritis where the problems occur.

Sorry to get nerdy.

Now, don’t everybody get too upset when the prices of these drugs rise for a bit. Raising the prices will help some of these manufacturers scale quickly and meet the crazy demand there’s going to be
It is interesting that the largest pharmaceutical manufacturer in Israel has donated 6 million doses of hydroxychloroquine to the US. In addition to ramping up their production significantly.

Those doses might even go to BDS proponents. I must admit that sometimes I struggle with loving my neighbor. I’m glad I live in a country where we don’t make those kinds of discriminations.

Reactions: TUMe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT