ADVERTISEMENT

SMU game thread

You can't miss point blank shots.

That said, these officials suck as well. Co-opted by Larry?

Our kids are kinda wetting their shorts here....

Oh well...

SMU played one of their best games of the year. They have shot lights out and are cleaning up on the glass with some ease.

Need to buck up cause there is a lot of season left and UCONN, CINCY, TEMPLE and MEMPHIS will be very difficult games.

Now need to take 3 of those 4.

PS SMU has a crap load of talent.
This post was edited on 2/7 8:41 PM by bigzit

So frustrating watching these easy shots under the basket get missed.

We just don't seem to have the energy we've had in past games and our post D is awful tonight. I'm afraid the hole is too deep at this point.

Just beat Cincy. I hate Cincy.

PS Now do some of you see the size and talent level we need to get to???

We'll get there, but will take another year or two.

Larry Brown tells #5 to wait until Shaq shoots the ff to sit down. He does. Students yell. Shaq misses.

Zelton missed calling a foul on that thug Nick Moore. What a surprise.

Nic Moore is a dirty punk b*tch, plaus a dirty game.

TX

I wish we would press Moore. He's shown in past games that he can come unglued when pressed.

You don't win many games shooting 30%.

SMU shooting 50%.

We did not find the open looks.

QED

WTF was that? More sucking of Larry by his officials. Might as well give him a blow job during the timeout.
This post was edited on 2/7 8:57 PM by TU 1978

Well at least we will keep first place but now we have to win in Dallas. Upsetting. Stupid technical

Best acting performance by a PG in a lead role.....the Academy Award goes to......Nic Moore !!

That's my one knock on Ray, he lets his mouth get him in trouble. This isn't the first time he's gotten a tech for what he said.

We are not a 3 point shooting team and we shot nearly 30, not going to win like that, need Shaq to get healthy, it's hard to be reminded that this is our first year in the league, and some of our guys might be a step behind verse the Big boys, gotta move on and get better, best news, we still haven't played our best game

Nic Moore is fun to watch. He's a man playing amongst boys most nights. Tough as nails. Arguably the best PG to come into the Don Rey since D Rose. Great PG.

And the common thread between Nic Moore and Derek Rose...neither one of them knows what the inside of a classroom looks like
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Nic certainly "schooled" Tulsa tonight. Not sure what the comment about Nic not knowing what the inside of a classroom looks like is based on.

1. Larry Brown is greatness, and that has nothing to do with SMU. Stop with all the D sucking comments. You're embarrassing yourselvesa .

2. Nic Moore is a fantastic point guard. No need to call him a punk just because he played great. You're better than that and you're embarrassing yourselves.

3. You have a good team but aren't all the way there yet. Manning left you a great foundation. Hopefully frank doesn't crap on it like he did before he tucked tail and ran out of Missouri, we sincerely hope you keep it up.

4. If anyone remembers, I told you so,

5. See you in Moody. It'll be a good game.

Oh and to the last D bag comment about nic and a classroom. We've had 3 academically ineligible players in one season. Our president hates sports and thus we don't get the luxury of making up classes, unlike UNC, which is why Kennedy, Keith Fraizer and Justin Martin all got the hammer. You think Nic doesn't go to class? You're a fool.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

This post was edited on 2/8 5:28 AM by blackoutpony

Wow, blackoutpony, this coming from a team that may see some probation time. I have no idea if your President is a problem but all you have to do is talk with the NCAA and the fact an assistant coach became a fall guy to see why you have academic issues in your basketball program. Your team is way more talented than your record while our team has a much better record than talent. Hmmm.

double post
This post was edited on 2/8 6:52 AM by t-townpod

I am impressed by SMU's ability to execute cheap tricks and dirty plays. I suspect that Mr. Brown paid off an official or two for that game for them to get away with the crap they got away with. #smuplaysdirty #mrbrowncanmoo

I am originally from Tulsa and you ought to be ashamed of yourselves. I thought TU had some class but from what I heard from people who went to the game last night, they said that your student section reminded them of playing classless Texas Tech. Admit you got your butt kicked in your own arena. Looking at your schedule, it is pretty easy to see why you have such a good record.

Let's make this a good rivalry and admit when you get beat by a better team that game.

Why are you here? Nothing like a chest thumping opposing team's fan coming over to tell us how bad we were and how much better their people are than ours...
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by ponyfan77:
I am originally from Tulsa and you ought to be ashamed of yourselves. I thought TU had some class but from what I heard from people who went to the game last night, they said that your student section reminded them of playing classless Texas Tech. Admit you got your butt kicked in your own arena. Looking at your schedule, it is pretty easy to see why you have such a good record.

Let's make this a good rivalry and admit when you get beat by a better team that game.
I was at the Tulsa Houston game on Thursday in Hofheinz Arena in Houston. No excuse for the Tulsa student body,but Houston students did the same thing the chant was FU Tulsa, over and over again. There were less than 1000 fans at the game and so it was heard loud and clear.

I don't like it one bit.

GO TU!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT