ADVERTISEMENT

Senior Bowl Notes

Bill Lowery

ITS Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Sep 29, 2001
Trevis Gipson was noted as one of the top performers in Day 1 practices.

Tulsa, Defensive Linemen, Trevis Gipson

1178631262.jpg.jpg

Photo by Michael Hickey/Getty Images
Gipson looked explosive out of his stance and, on more than one occasion, seemed to surprise offensive linemen with his initial punch. Prospects from schools like Tulsa often have more to prove during Senior Bowl week, and Gipson did a lot to help himself on day one.

He was also singled out by the Philadelphia Eagles scout.

Trevis Gipson, Tulsa (6'3, 259): 8 sacks, 15 TFL his senior season at Tulsa. He wasn't an obvious standout at the Senior Bowl practices.

Reggie Robinson receiving some love from NFL scouts and the Eagles

Reggie Robinson, 6-1, 197, Tulsa.This is an important week for Robinson, who is currently projected to be anywhere from a third to fifth round pick. He has good size and speed with overall athleticism. His senior season numbers were decent, with four interceptions and 13 pass break ups and 38 tackles. With a good week and strong Combine, he could work his way into the second round.

Robinson and Trevis Gipson were noted as players the Detroit Lions were taking a close look at.

Reggie Robinson, CB, Tulsa
An All-American Athletic Conference first-team selection, Robinson flashed solid ball skills as a senior, breaking up 13 throws, intercepting four passes and securing two fumble recoveries. A good week of practice could really boost the draft stock of the 6-foot-1 defensive back.

Trevis Gipson, DE, Tulsa
A second Tulsa defense, Gipson has an NFL-ready frame at 6-foot-4, 268 pounds. His college sack production was modest, tallying 12 over the past two seasons, but he showed a knack for jarring the ball free, recording seven forced fumbles over that same 23-game stretch.

Gipson project to a Frank Clark type? an outside pass rusher that holds the edge?

Reactions: TU_BLA
I watched it a majority of it and doing stuff around the house. Was looking for our gold helmets then I saw Reggie in the blue, so I really have it idea how long he might of been out there.

I watched replay of game and Gibson had a Gold helmet on and Reggie had a blue helmet. Gibson was wearing number 15 his TU number.

I read today that Chicago really likes Gipson.
One of the KC beat writers has Gipson in their top 5 to look for in the draft. Gipson has really developed a nice dip and rip move he can use either outside or ducking to the inside.

That said, Robinson looked great. On the play he forced the fumble, he was being held, broke out of that and got through the tackle and put his helmet right on the ball.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT