ADVERTISEMENT

Seeing is no longer believing?

watu05

I.T.S. Senior
Mar 19, 2021
My friends who work with AI say this is just the beginning. Near term they are especially concerned about AI being used to imitate someone's voice and answer personal questions based on info on the web to impersonate people for scams or get past voice recognition security. Combine that with AI generated imagery and Tucker Carlson doesn't even need McCarthy's help to fabricate dishonest videos.

Last edited:
My friends who work with AI say this is just the beginning. Near term they are especially concerned about AI being used to imitate someone's voice and answer personal questions based on info on the web to impersonate people for scams or get past voice recognition security. Combine that with AI generated imagery and Tucker Carlson doesn't even need McCarthy's help to fabricate dishonest videos.

If you are so interested in this, you might want to check out the British tv show 'The Capture'. It goes into the not too distant future, when they have the tech to do deep fakes in real time.

Reactions: watu05
This is going to be a nightmare for the law enforcement and legal communities. I would anticipate we quickly reach a point where we believe nothing we see on video.

We aren't quite there yet, but yeah. The day is coming soon where it will become increasinglt difficult to verify legit images and even videos.

Maybe film cameras will make a comeback for journalistic purposes as a verifiable image source?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT