ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmage Report -- Defense solid, Offense improving

I forgot to mention that. He was there, but just held out as a precaution.

Thanks Larry. From what Stokes said, we only ran 5% from our playbook and ran those plays over and over. In your opinion, was this part of the reason the offense didn’t perform as well as they could?

Also, do you know of significant players that were held out of the scrimmage, like Keenan Johnson was?

I think the offensive issues are a combination of things. The defense should be pretty good. There will be a game plan. But the offense isn't completely there, yet.

I think the offense will be better than last year. A guy like Crawford really needs to step up. I think he can. QB's have to play well.

Other than Johnson and the kickers, I didnt notice anyone really being held out. I could have missed someone. I was surprised Anderson was playing. Although not sure if he will be eligible.

I think the offensive issues are a combination of things. The defense should be pretty good. There will be a game plan. But the offense isn't completely there, yet.

I think the offense will be better than last year. A guy like Crawford really needs to step up. I think he can. QB's have to play well.

Other than Johnson and the kickers, I didnt notice anyone really being held out. I could have missed someone. I was surprised Anderson was playing. Although not sure if he will be eligible.

Thanks Larry. I can’t wait to see if the defense is going to be really good. Not so much with the offense, but if the OL can jell, I think we have some good players at RB, WR, TE and QB.

Reactions: Larry Lewis
Thanks, Bill. I think we will know a lot after the first 2 games. Especially after 4 games. Have to start no worse than 2-2. If that happens, there is a really good chance for a good season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT