ADVERTISEMENT

Scholarship limit increases

Not sure this will end up as a net positive for TU. Remember to get to 105 we have to add 40 ships. Not convinced we do that. The larger schools will obviously go to 105. Competing against 105 with 85 is an obvious disadvantage. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Not sure this will end up as a net positive for TU. Remember to get to 105 we have to add 40 ships. Not convinced we do that. The larger schools will obviously go to 105. Competing against 105 with 85 is an obvious disadvantage. Hopefully I’m wrong.
I think we will bulk up our DL & OL and pick up appr. 6-12 more ships. No way we have 20 more.

Quick question for the layman in the room… why does a football team need approx 2x the number of players that are allowed on an NFL roster?

This just dilutes the talent pool for the people at the bottom as the big schools can carry more talented players.

Quick question for the layman in the room… why does a football team need approx 2x the number of players that are allowed on an NFL roster?

This just dilutes the talent pool for the people at the bottom as the big schools can carry more talented players.
Doesn’t make much sense to me either. NFL teams roster 69 players so it’s not nearly half btw.

Again….I’m skeptical TU will use those extra ships
You act as if you don't think we are going to add many/any scholarships. I don't think we will use many in a lot of places, but we will use some. I doubt we use many or any in basketball. But football we will bulk up a few ships. We have that 30M to fall back on. I think we will add a few in football and a few in other sports. My guess is the scholly's we add in football will be most if not all that we add in men's sports.

Doesn’t make much sense to me either. NFL teams roster 69 players so it’s not nearly half btw.

Potentially, but it will allow more people to get scholarships that couldn't before.

Potentially, but it will allow more people to get scholarships that couldn't before.
Don't you mean it will allow p6's to steal players from other schools(immediate transfer) without depleting the # of scholarships being given out. Conveeenient, says the Church Lady.

Last edited:
Reactions: TU_BLA
Don't you mean it will allow p6's to steal players from other schools(immediate transfer) without depleting the # of scholarships being given out. Conveeenient, says the Church Lady.
Right...TU is going to basically be relegated to a farm team for some school finding HS talent and developing it for a year or two before the bolt for the NIL $

It’s just another way for the big schools to kill of the small schools. I think it’s anti-competitive and harms the marketplace. This is the kind of stuff that should be gone after with anti-trust legislation.

I have less and less interest in college sports due to all of these changes. I think you are going to start seeing a droop off in NCAA viewership overall.

The big schools will maintain a slightly positive growth rate in fans… but a significant amount of the little school’s fan bases won’t hop onto the P5 bandwagon.

The only positive I see from the increased limits is that we “might” see more ships and in turn educational opportunities available to student athletes. That however is outweighed by the further bifurcation of D1 athletics this change is sure to accelerate. I miss the old days.

Reactions: astonmartin708
It’s just another way for the big schools to kill of the small schools. I think it’s anti-competitive and harms the marketplace. This is the kind of stuff that should be gone after with anti-trust legislation.

I have less and less interest in college sports due to all of these changes. I think you are going to start seeing a droop off in NCAA viewership overall.

The big schools will maintain a slightly positive growth rate in fans… but a significant amount of the little school’s fan bases won’t hop onto the P5 bandwagon.
More opportunities never hurts anyone.

Reactions: T_Hans
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT