ADVERTISEMENT

SC State game thread

Would love it if Haggerty would look for some dump off passes when he gets to the rim in the future.

Hall needs to realize who he's playing. No need to scrap with Dachshunds when you're a Pitt Bull.

I know I sound like a broken record , but Keita needs some serious work with rebounding and not playing so timid , he dose not grab the ball with authority , he fumbles it around , just a freshman so he can improve but he needs to put on about 30-40 lbs in the offseason and hit the weights

I know I sound like a broken record , but Keita needs some serious work with rebounding and not playing so timid , he dose not grab the ball with authority , he fumbles it around , just a freshman so he can improve but he needs to put on about 30-40 lbs in the offseason and hit the weights
Doubt he'll put on 40. But yeah, 20-30 absolutely.

Reactions: TULSARISING
First game I've been able to watch this year.

Thoughts thus far: I doubted Konkol, but this is exciting basketball. SC State is not good, but we used to play to the level of competition instead of beating them soundly.

We've gotten a bit sloppier in the second half, but haven't let them actually get back into it. I expect this team to get better.

We'll probably take a few lumps, but I'm actually excited to watch the next game for the first time in a long time.

Not playing as well as we did the first half but I do love the crashing of the boards. Someone is always there with a hand on something. Lots of hands going in for steals. More energy on this team than the last team

When are the SCSt players going to start fouling out. Can't believe Cobe fouled out before one of them fouled out. The refs are atrocious 2nd half. They must have been bribed by their coach.

When are the SCSt players going to start fouling out. Can't believe Cobe fouled out before one of them fouled out. The refs are atrocious 2nd half. They must have been bribed by their coach.
They’ve played 14 players so only have one guy in foul trouble

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
apparently fouls are only being called on TU and not SC St second half.

These final 2 minutes are going to be painful. They’re intentionally fouling despite being down 16

12 wins max
.500 will be tough

Next year will be "do or die" ... but, this team is flawed by experience, ball handling, and half court offense. And, low post D. Atrocious.

12 wins max
.500 will be tough

Next year will be "do or die" ... but, this team is flawed by experience, ball handling, and half court offense.
Nearly impossible to know that in a game where they out score the opponent by 24 in a half and then face a different pressing defense they’ve never played. This team is VERY young, which is why the schedule is so soft.

Nearly impossible to know that in a game where they out score the opponent by 24 in a half and then face a different pressing defense they’ve never played. This team is VERY young, which is why the schedule is so soft.
I've seen enough over 4 games and know the game - hope I am wrong. But, this team is a work in progress and has a few parts missing.

Konkol should have played Archie instead of Haggerty or McWright at pg most of this half. Thats the way you kill full court defense.
I suspect he didn't do that to sub him in and out with Cobe because of foul trouble.

Well, we covered the spread despite the weird second half. The next game will be tougher and I’ll be busy so I’ll have to stay off the net and watch the replay.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Don't be surprised if we see press the rest of the season. Konkol's going to need to take some more time in practice on that. Like what I saw out of Garcia, Williams and Archie.

Cobe, McWright, and Hall need to calm the hell down.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT