ADVERTISEMENT

SC game thoughts....

seniorgolfer

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Apr 7, 2004
This team has some talent, but it is no further along than most of Haith's teams at this juncture..
some random thoughts by position:

*PG-This has been one of my concerns, but I was hopeful that Joiner would be more team oriented
than in the past....In these two games, he wasn't....He drove head down into trouble time after time,
and for the two games, was responsible for way too many TOs......When he was at point, the center
never seemed to end up with the ball with any spacing at all, and our three's always seemed to be
shot under pressure....Way too much dribbling...

Williams showed flashes, and will be really good with experience.....

*Center...Ugboh was still Ugboh.....I was impressed with the smoothness of Idowu, but neither does
a great job on the boards.....Rebounding is going to be a problem at this position.....

*2 guard....KES is impressive, and looks to be a significant comtributor....Haywood had a rough two
games, and had several rebounds get away.....Joiner was better at this position....He plays so damned
hard, but dribbles away the clock....Tough young man...Jackson didn't have a great two game sequence,
but he will be there......

Wing&PF.....Rachal looked really impressive, save for his TO's....Sometimes he is too possessive of the
ball....

Overall, the team is not moving nearly enough on offense, and doesn't come to meet the ball, and
so far, we are not developing open shots....Too many possessions end up in desperation drives.....We
looked to be who we are right now....A team with a lot of newcomers that hasn't come together yet.....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News