DALLAS COWBOYS

No rumor, Barry Switzer says Ryan Switzer is his cousin​

By Clarence E. Hill Jr.
chill@star-telegram.com

UPDATED AUGUST 06, 2017 12:21 AM
image.jpg

1674570530713.png
CANTON, Ohio
Let Dallas Cowboys receiver Ryan Switzer tell it, former Cowboys coach Barry Switzer claims they are cousins because they have the same last name and roots in South Carolina.
But he doesn't believe they are related.
Well, Switzer has no doubts about their blood relation and brought the receipts to prove it, so to speak.

"Yeah. It’s no rumor," Barry Switzer said while sitting in the audience at the Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction of owner Jerry Jones. "Our family tree, we go back to South Carolina. We’re out of South Carolina, Spartanburg, Orangeburg County, Spartanburg, there’s a town called Switzer in that county. It’s an old crossroads community. They got a Switzer Baptist Church. Switzer Cemetery. His people went north. Mine went down south to Mississippi and on over to Arkansas and Texas."
The elder Switzer said he plans to attend an upcoming home preseason game so they can finally meet. But he has been in touch with the Cowboys receiver since his sophomore season at North Carolina. They communicate primarily on Twitter now.
"Yeah, ever since he was a sophomore," Switzer said. "I’ve been contacting his daddy, Michael. I follow him on Twitter. He follows me on Twitter. I talk to him. I email him. So I plan to come to two preseason games because I want to get to meet him and see his family."

Great...our home games might start looking like a former OU head coach reunion. You know Stoops is coming out to support Spurrier and Wilson at a game or two and I wouldn't be surprised if Barry joins in now too.
Plot twist ! They all just want a job with TU now!

Reactions: Oak775
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT